Bernice Daniels

Anodized Aluminum

131 posts in this topic

aa_cat.jpg

This topic is used by TheRingLord.com to give stock updates about anodized aluminum - saw cut and machine cut rings and wire.

Old replies will be deleted and only the current information regarding the current batches being made will be noted here.

You can subscribe to this thread to remain in the loop.

If there are no notes we are either not out of anything or its not in the production queue yet.

Please feel free to ask about any product that isn't commented on below.

These products can be purchased at TheRingLord.com

We will announce here when we have any - you can click the "Follow this topic" on the upper right for any threads that interest you.

We don't pre-order sorry.

GurbarmaScurf likes this

Grant - Can you please tell me the consistence of the new Bright Anodizing is from batch to batch (either time wise of size wise). Does the colour consistence match up extremely well or are there noticeable differences between batches?

Thanks

SXAA1614red - just being coiled - about a week away

SXAA1814 silver - hmm - also a week away - I see it ran out of stock July 27th.   Not sure what happened.  I'll look into that.

Hoping this will include RED anodized square wire 16swg SXAA 5/16"? [sXAA-SQ16516red]

And do you know if this will be of the "hard"/sharp cornered square wire variety, or the "soft" shouldered/slightly rounded square wire type?

Hi, I'm wondering if the Anodized Aluminum 18ga 5/32" ID rings might soon have a violet color option (like the 18ga 3/16" ID rings do)? I'm looking for a new anodized aluminum supplier and would need this exact color for making pride jewelry.

The hard or soft corner think was just in stainless.  The aluminum will be exactly the same as all other batches of aluminum.  The aluminum wire is drawn square and will always be the same.  The stainless is rolled square and could vary.

Saw cut 1614 yellow - 2-3 weeks - some for any other saw cut yellow

18532 violet - not in the next 3-4 months.  We could look at in the future.

I hate to argue, but there is clearly a difference between some of the 16swg 5/16" SXAA-SQ I've received from y'all. This pic has several colors showing the difference pretty clearly. The rings on the left have what I would call the "hard/sharp corners" (royal blue and red are "hard" cornered, as well, but I'm out of them...), and the rings on the right would be the slightly "softer/'round' shouldered" corners. Though, granted, the difference is not as pronounced as with the 18swg stainless, there is a difference none the less. They also seem to measure maybe .001-.002" smaller in WD. All these rings, by the way, came out of the same bag of SXAA-SQ16516mixed

I understand this will not make a difference for the vast majority of your customers, but in some of my AR sensitive designs, it's the difference between whether they can be done or not.

post-6814-0-16151700-1471115337_thumb.jpg

Hmm - well here is my analysis of the steps and what could happen

1. wire production - think this is pretty damn consistent and I'm guessing we start with the same corner on all the wire. 

2. coiling.   We might round the corners a but during coiling.  The amount might vary depending on the pressure of the feed wheels.

3. Anodizing.  The bright dip process removes material.  If we need to run a batch twice we remove twice the material.  This would lead to thinner wire and rounder corners.

Not too sure if there is anything we can do...  we can certainly look at a batch and tell you how the corners look

No worries, Jon, I have no complaints about the product. They are all fine rings, just a smidge different. As long as, when I need 'em. (just recieved a bunch, today, in fact!) y'all can check to see what exactly you've got, then all is well in Smalleville... :-D

By the way, the new bags I received, of sky blue, royal blue, black, and pink... all were of the softer corner except the sky blue. So I think maybe the newest rings may be all the same(?) and something minute changed from the old process? I dunno, but regardless, I'm set for awhile...

Is the ETA for SXAA YELLOW still a week or two out? 1614, 18316 and 18532 specifically.

Also, would the next batch happen to include any 16732? I have a conspicuous gap in that size...

Hoping to find out when you might have AA1614red and AA1614yellow scheduled and/or completed. Only need one bag of each right now. Waiting to place an order for other supplies until they are available.

Edited by Talen S

I have an order waiting on a bag of the SXAA1814yellow. Are those being stocked now or still scheduled? Wondering if I should just go ahead and place the order. 

Thanks!