#21 calisandra

calisandra

Mistress of Minions...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 21 January 2015 - 04:52 PM

I am sure someone will but I think the rings would have to be too small to really make it wearable for very long

#22 madd-vyking

madd-vyking

Ring-Wyrm??

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts
  • LocationMadison, WI, US, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way, Known Universe...

Posted 21 January 2015 - 07:04 PM

I would think the split rings will have to be far too small to effectively hold them together as an outfit, even against their own weight. Surely limited to jewelry, I'd think.

...You have the ring...and I see your Schwartz is as big as mine. Now let's see how well you handle it!!!

Owner/Artisan......EnVee Jewelry Design 
www.facebook.com/enVeejewelrydesign

#23 calisandra

calisandra

Mistress of Minions...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 21 January 2015 - 07:21 PM

I was going to say for me personally they seem small for what I make then thought they might be the perfect size for logo tags,  right now I get the small round tags  but may have to try some of the little scales out,  assuming Jon will laser them that is.

#24 calyx

calyx

one ring at a time

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 471 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, VIC

Posted 21 January 2015 - 11:05 PM

Someone will make a dress. SOMEONE. I just know they will. Even if they have to use titanium (?) or weld them. The extra thin frost ones will be very light, if they use them, but I reckon whoever takes on that insane project will probably wait for bling.

ETA: It occurred to me that tiny scales are going to probably be made of thinner material anyway, because of their proportions?

#25 katya313

katya313

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 10:54 AM

Will the small scales ever be available in Bright Anodized Aluminum? Black Ice in particular...

#26 The Ring Lord

The Ring Lord

Jon

• Administrators
  • 918 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 11:43 AM

We do have stock in small bright anodized scales including black ice.  We'll try to get some stock info next week.  If you want to jump the que email customer service to special order.  Price is looking like $2.50/10.    

#27 calyx

calyx

one ring at a time

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 471 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, VIC

Posted 05 February 2015 - 01:40 AM

Excited about your new brushed small AA colours. Textured metallics = wonderful, sort of an arty/earthy subdued vibe. Can't wait til I have the free time to make a humongous order and make all the things.

Would like the brushed champagne ones back in. Do you have an idea of when that might be? (Hoping this isn't a temporary line.)

Also, the anodised (or plain) niobium scales?

#28 ZakkyD1121

ZakkyD1121

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 10:57 PM

Will you guys be getting any more Large Yellow Anodized Aluminum Scales? I'm planning on possibly making a rainbow shirt/vest. Or should I use the Yellow Painted Aluminum scales?

#29 calisandra

calisandra

Mistress of Minions...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 13 February 2015 - 08:15 AM

the  yellow painted ones are amazing by the way. I am kind of hoping they will do other colors in the painted versions. they are a different finish from the anodized.

#30 calyx

calyx

one ring at a time

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 471 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, VIC

Posted 13 February 2015 - 08:38 AM

Will you guys be getting any more Large Yellow Anodized Aluminum Scales? I'm planning on possibly making a rainbow shirt/vest. Or should I use the Yellow Painted Aluminum scales?

There's no large yellow AA scales, but you can use the gold brushed ones for rainbows very well, in my opinion (in stock - SCALEAALG-GOLD). I think the painted ones are so very different in finish that they would look odd paired with the AA ones. I do wish there were more colours for painted too - they are lovely. I'm guessing from the colour or lack of on the reverse side for the four painted colour scales that they are not a made-to-order strip, though.

#31 Cyberlinks

Cyberlinks

Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  • LocationAudubon NJ

Posted 17 February 2015 - 01:17 AM

Any info on when the SCALEAALG-GoldMir  or the  SCALEAALG-GoldMirbulk will be back in stock?

#32 The Ring Lord

The Ring Lord

Jon

• Administrators
  • 918 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 09:21 AM

8-10 weeks - we're just ordering the material now

#33 Meepenbump

Meepenbump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 03:20 PM

Any chance of more medium sized scales becoming available? I read the part about them being a one off for a film (and had all kinds of fun trying to guess which film they could be for, there are at least 3 really cool options!) but I am desperately hoping for a mid-size between large and small for a scale shirt! *crosses all the things*

#34 The Ring Lord

The Ring Lord

Jon

• Administrators
  • 918 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 03:28 PM

Film was World of Warcraft.

Yes we'll start on a full line of medium scales sometime... maybe in a few weeks.

#35 Meepenbump

Meepenbump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 07:21 AM

That's the best news I've had all week, thank you Jon. Really looking forward to seeing World of Warcraft, I'll keep an eye out for the scales!

#36 Yasmijn

Yasmijn

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 04:06 PM

Could I get an ETA on Niobium scales & the Damascus etched titanium restock? Thank you in advance!

#37 Bernice Daniels

Bernice Daniels

The Ring Lady (Enabler)

• Administrators
  • 2,455 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 04:25 PM

Damascus etched were added to the site today - so technically its not restocking. They will be announced within a few days. 
I do not have info for niobium.

#38 Yasmijn

Yasmijn

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 08:58 AM

Thank you for the update already Bernice :) 

#39 Shamgar

Shamgar

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 11:50 PM

Hi, I was wondering if there was an ETA on the mirror finish, gold anodized, large scales (SCALEAALG-GoldMir)

#40 The Ring Lord

The Ring Lord

Jon

• Administrators
  • 918 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 08:36 AM

About 2 months for mirror gold and niobium

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users