5 replies to this topic

#1 Bernice Daniels

Bernice Daniels

The Ring Lady (Enabler)

• Administrators
  • 2,382 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 02:40 PM

Posted Image
This topic is used by TheRingLord.com to give stock updates about Tags - all materials and sizes.
Old replies will be deleted and only the current information regarding the current batches being made will be noted here.
You can subscribe to this thread to remain in the loop.

If there are no notes we are either not out of anything or its not in the production queue yet.
Please feel free to ask about any product that isn't commented on below.

These products can be purchased at TheRingLord.com

#2 Bernice Daniels

Bernice Daniels

The Ring Lady (Enabler)

• Administrators
  • 2,382 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 02:04 PM

Remember most tags are made a a recycling effort when we make scales - so they will be restocked as the scales are made!

#3 Bernice Daniels

Bernice Daniels

The Ring Lady (Enabler)

• Administrators
  • 2,382 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 11:38 AM

Small tags were a recylcing by-product made while making scales. There was an issue in manufacturing making them and they have since changed to making the 16g7/32" punched rings instead of the tags.
I liked the little tags too :confused:

#4 The Ring Lord

The Ring Lord

Jon

• Administrators
  • 787 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 04:51 PM

The tiny tags will be back due to popular demand... at a new higher price - still affordable though. Price increases suck but here is why.

When I did the first (and only) batch of these they cost me very little as they were salvaged from scrap (the hole in the large scale). Next time we made large scales I thought - hey we can make rings out of the hole instead of tags and as a ring making company I bet we can sell more of them. I then priced the rings as if they were a real product not saving scrap. Note that saving the scrap prevented a price increase to match the $0.25/lb increase in aluminum prices (which leads to a $0.50/lb increase in scale prices).

The new line of small tags will be made from the 0.025" strip not the 0.032" strip. Same diameter tag just thinner. With a thinner tag the price increase should be pretty small. Will be making the tags from new strip not from scrap and all scrap will be made into the punched rings so long as people keep buying these rings.

We'll be doing a dog tag run ..... not really sure - I might do a run in a month or so it will include, brushed clear anodized, matte clear anodized (new), gold (new), bronze (new) and stainless. Maybe copper and jewelry brass too...

#5 mimic

mimic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:09 PM

On these small tags would you be able to make an image or them or just one or two letters?

#6 Bernice Daniels

Bernice Daniels

The Ring Lady (Enabler)

• Administrators
  • 2,382 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 02:56 PM

Yes we can - email with details of what you want and we can offer pricing. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users