bikepartjewelry

Weirdest place you've found a ring?

Hah! Well that wouldn't be so odd if it was a maille bra! ;) I just usually find them on my dog...or in the carpet. The other day I found one in one of my frying pans, but that wasn't super odd since I'd been washing BA rings in a collander in the sink.

Occasionally they show up in the bathtub. I don't clean rings in the bathroom...I don't even do much weaving in my apartment anymore. So it's very odd.

Oddest place was in the elevator of my new apartment. The rings had been packed in a sealed organizer inside a taped up box. I hadn't even open my first box, never mind the one with the rings in it.

Oddest place was in the elevator of my new apartment. The rings had been packed in a sealed organizer inside a taped up box. I hadn't even open my first box, never mind the one with the rings in it.

In the waistcoat pocket of my hand-tailored Italian silk business suit. The one I only wear for weddings, funerals and job interviews, and spends 350+ days a year in a sealed suit carrier in my wardrobe. The one I most definitely do not weave in, and has never seen the inside of my workshop. The one that was last worn two years ago for the interview for my current job, when I wasn't weaving and there wasn't a loose ring in the house. And I didn't wear the waistcoat then, anyway. It's an (estimated) 18g 3/8" SS square section, and I now have it on my keychain, soldered closed so it won't appear anywhere else unexpected.

1 Black AA ring in the bottom of a friends vegetable drawer, thing is, I had just walked in with my brand new black AAs still in my tins and hadn't opened them up.

I was finding them as I was moving into my new apartment. Evidently some of the boxes were spitting out rings as we were carrying the boxes in.

This isn't really a case of where I've found one, but rather where I can't find one. There is a 20ga 1/8" ring somewhere in my computer keyboard. I can hear it rattle around in there, but I can't find it. Have shaken the board, taken compressed air to it, and even unscrewed and taken it apart, but that ring ain't comin' out.

This isn't really a case of where I've found one, but rather where I can't find one. There is a 20ga 1/8" ring somewhere in my computer keyboard. I can hear it rattle around in there, but I can't find it. Have shaken the board, taken compressed air to it, and even unscrewed and taken it apart, but that ring ain't comin' out.

It's probably under the keys. All you need is a butterknife and an idea of what your keyboard looks like with all the keys intact.

Take the butterknife and pop off an edge key (something like the ctrl/alt/window key), this should not harm the keys as they are just kept in place with some small tabs. Keys like Shift, Enter and Space will have a springloaded rod on the back of them so that they can correctly go up and down, be careful of that. It's also a good idea to do this while the keyboard is not plugged in to the computer.

I think the wierdest place I've found a ring is in my car. A 16g 5/16" ring on the drivers side. It must have been me, as my roommate doesn't do chain (rather scales), and it must have just tagged along on my clothing somewhere.

This is more of where one appeared, but...

Every spring, my school does a "roast" of the about-to-graduate Seniors. Just an average mean bit of fun where the teachers get to poke fun at the kids a bit. When my name was called and I stood up (in the front row), a rather visible ring (probably one of the 14g 7/16" that I'd been working with the previous night) rolled right out of my pant leg and a few feet across the stage blushing.gif

On a related note, my French teacher made a crack about me fitting in better in Saxon England than at school thumbup.gif

found 1 in the toilet - flushed and then there were 2 in the toilet.

This is now how we make them - just keep flushing and more keep appearing :lol:

It is rather hard on water usage though

You could attract a really interesting client base, making items from those rings. :P

A 24g 3/32" stainles ring in my right eye, it had been there well over a day.

Lorenzo, I think you win. That's weird, and downright uncomfortable. Did you feel it there for the whole day or did you just discover it later?

found 1 in the toilet - flushed and then there were 2 in the toilet.

This is now how we make them - just keep flushing and more keep appearing :lol:

It is rather hard on water usage though

HAHA! -the funniest thing!

I didn't feel a thing, I remember looking for it after it flew out of my pliers but I didn't find it until the next morning when I looked in the mirror after my shower. just like a contact lens.

I didn't feel a thing, I remember looking for it after it flew out of my pliers but I didn't find it until the next morning when I looked in the mirror after my shower. just like a contact lens.

I'm surprised by that because an eyelash can drive me bonkers. I hope you wear protective eyewear now.