bikepartjewelry

Weirdest place you've found a ring?

My 'W' key still doesn't work quite right because I had to pop it off to get a ring out of my keyboard. It makes for an interesting noise when I'm typing, though. clackity clackity CLACK clackity WHACK. I have to hit it really hard for it to register. :D

But let's see... my hair, on the dog, STILL digging them out of the carpet from an unfortunate spill, and in my daughter's diaper. O.o That one went in the trash with the diaper.

My 'W' key still doesn't work quite right because I had to pop it off to get a ring out of my keyboard. It makes for an interesting noise when I'm typing, though. clackity clackity CLACK clackity WHACK. I have to hit it really hard for it to register. :D

But let's see... my hair, on the dog, STILL digging them out of the carpet from an unfortunate spill, and in my daughter's diaper. O.o That one went in the trash with the diaper.

Replacement keyboards are pretty inexpensive.

My bird steals rings and puts them in his nest (a kitchen cupboard we've let him have).

Replacement keyboards are pretty inexpensive.

I have a laptop and it's too much trouble to try to type on my flexible keyboard while sitting on the couch. LOL

I have berber in the room where I maille and let me say - it is a HORRID carpet for rings (they get stuck and bent up in *just* the right angle to pierce your foot or snag a toe) and pets. Hell, and kids for that matter (I have 2 of the male variety, under the age of 10)!

I have berber in the room where I maille and let me say - it is a HORRID carpet for rings (they get stuck and bent up in *just* the right angle to pierce your foot or snag a toe) and pets. Hell, and kids for that matter (I have 2 of the male variety, under the age of 10)!

We don't have berber, but ANY carpet is horrible if you drop a ring on it. I actually got down on hands and knees with a piece of 16g wire and scooped as many of the rings as I could from the carpet. My two year old thought it was fun and helped. I spilled almost an entire order of rings on the floor because the storage box they were in wasn't closed all the way. I bumped it and down it went and chaos ensued. The good thing is only the bedrooms are carpeted (I keep my craftiness locked in the guest closet, for the most part) but there's tile in the rest of the house. Rings are horribly bouncy little buggers when dropped on tile.

Offer your kids a penny for every ring they retrieve. My dad did that for nails in the driveway after the roof was replaced...was a lot less expensive than replacing tires and keeps kids busy.

Offer your kids a penny for every ring they retrieve. My dad did that for nails in the driveway after the roof was replaced...was a lot less expensive than replacing tires and keeps kids busy.

Bahaha! Considering the 2 yr old's the only one I have, and she's... well... 2 I could probably bribe her with a handful of "piggies" (so called because they go in a piggy bank) for an entire day of ring hunting! I should have thought of this when my neighbor's grandkids were here for the summer... they seemed to be bored a lot.