Phong

CGMaille update - no more new tutorials

Whelp, it's been quite a while since I've updated CGMaille. The last update I sent out was in February 2009; the intervening time has been filled with many ups and downs and introduced me to many new and unexpected places, people and interests. The upshot of these changes is a drastic decrease in available time to make new tutorials.

I think the time has come to make official what's been pretty clear for a while, and announce that there won't be many, if any, new tutorials added to CGMaille moving forward. The tutorials that are already on the site will stay available and free to access.

A number of related changes will be forthcoming:

-The Store section will be removed and the long-planned book shelved.

-The Updates section will be removed and the email database will be deleted. Rest assured the email address you signed up will not leak out to third parties.

-The Contact section has been removed, though this is due to a flood of spam messages. If you have questions or comments I encourage you to post on here on TRL or MAIL.

There will still be costs associated with keeping the site up and running, so the Donate section will stay operable. I'd like to thank all who have sent in donations, you've helped keep the site running. I'd like to thank also all of you who took the time to write to me your comments, suggestions and corrections. Even when I didn't respond, I did appreciate the sentiment.

Happy mailling,

-phong

Thank you for the work you put into your excellent tutorials. And thank you for keeping your site up - it is still the one I refer many people to who are looking for a guide to making maille. Good luck with your new interests.

Your site is what made me decide firmly, that I was going to learn to make Chainmaille. I saw the CIR at the top and said I am going to make that!!! Thank you for all that you have done!

Here, Here! the tutorials on your site helped me and a few of my close friends learn the art. Thanks for the time and effort it took to get these created and posted.

The site is amazing. Was my first bookmarked site on how to do things and is still the place to go to learn weaves for me. I only know a few (like 3...) so far but am glad of the other options and glad to here you will be keeping in up. :)

Phong,

I thank you with much respect for creating and sustaining the site. It was a great help for me to get started. It wasn't the first site i found to learn weaves from, but it was the first site wich made me understand ALL the weaves you put on there. So i find it sad to hear you won't be putting up any new tuts. Still Thanks a lot for the source of knowledge you brought to us all!

Nef.

We're sorry to see it stop where it is, but we appreciate every ounce of hard work and passion that you put into your work. At least with the site remaining up I can still direct my newbie friends to a reliable and detailed resource.

Thank you for being an amazing resource and for keeping the tutorials available. It's already been said but it was the first site I bookmarked and was one of the deciding factors in finally starting to learn chainmaille. I love the tutorials, I'll be sad not to see new ones. Best of luck on your future ventures.