#1 calisandra

calisandra

Mistress of Minions...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,420 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 13 October 2011 - 06:22 PM

first I have to say I love the rings and the colors. it was my first order of the smaller enameled copper rings, I am trying to figure out the closest ones you carry to ones I got from another site with a gift certificate. anyway...I ordered 20g 5/32 rings in both AA and in the enameled copper/ the AA appear to be slightly larger then the EC and are actually a really good match in size to the others I had, and make really a really nice small FPersian. the EC can still be made into a FP but it is tight and stiff creating more of a bangle bracelet. is the size difference because of the material and if so do you ever carry the EC in 7/32 or 11/64 or would I have to special order that size?

#2 Brimley's Mom

Brimley's Mom

Artful Dabbler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,084 posts
  • LocationOttawa, Ontario, Canada

Posted 14 October 2011 - 09:05 AM

You didn't mention which AA you bought. If you bought new process AA (the ends are not anodized) there will be a difference. The EC and AA start out the same wire width, but the AA anodizing process reduces the thickness of the wire slightly.

Bernice, please correct me if I'm wrong about this.

#3 calisandra

calisandra

Mistress of Minions...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,420 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 14 October 2011 - 09:29 PM

they are the saw but new AA but there is a ring size difference too, Posted Image...like I said not a big difference but enough to make FP kind of stiff and tight,so I am just looking for the right size to order next time so I can use them together. I will find a use for these , I really love the colors.

#4 Milquetoast

Milquetoast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 600 posts
  • LocationDa UP, eh?

Posted 14 October 2011 - 10:20 PM

I've never used those particular rings, but it may just be because EC is so very soft that even AA has a noticeable springback compared to it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users