Zeroignite

Post your workspace!

I took a snapshot of my work area the other day. It's a tad cramped. I also decided that my unused bottle of General Tso's sauce would be the perfect jig to hold my work-in-progress bag in a convenient position...

YSLOV.jpg

I am incredibly jealous of all of you. I'm working on my lap in the living room.

The good news is we're moving at the end of the month from the apartment to a small townhouse. I hope to set up a small table (18" x 30") in the living room as well as a storage space in the basement.

That's what I do. My main workspace is all about BACON.

My main workspace is all about trying to keep Brimley (the bird in my picture) from stealing my rings. I have found several in the cupboard he uses as his nest. He goes for anything shiny.

I'm very envious of those of you who have a whole room to work in. I find my work area very comfortable...I sit at one end of the dining room table with my laptop in front of me and a whole cabinet and 5 drawer chest to my left. They contain all my rings, bike parts, stock, etc etc. Then there's a filing cabinet with a printer on top of it, a bookcase with homeschooling/printer supplies and another cabinet filled with other homeschool supplies. I have a shelf on the wall between the 2 cabinets where I keep my natural lights for photos and other various and sundry items.

If my house were bigger, I'd totally have a set up like chainmailbasket. That's an awesome set up. :D And I love the basket you are working on. I have yet to try making one.

I work at my computer desk so I can watch stuff while I work. Incidentally, I just finished cleaning said desk, so no supplies are visible.

Edit: Not sure what happened to the pic. Here's a link instead http://i.imgur.com/jJl6t.jpg

Rainbow flag in the corner makes me a happy mailler :)

here is my setup. i work in front of my computer too, on a drawing table.

post-14320-0-63709100-1326140038_thumb.jpg

Edited by JPC

I too work at my desk, which is just a tiny little computer desk with a pull out keyboard tray. I usually put my rings on there when working. That is also the reason that I drop so many rings on my dog - he's always under my chair. :) Right now it's a disaster area piled with papers and broken rings, half worked projects, etc. I should take a picture of it when I get home. :D

105_4586.jpg

My incredibly messy desk (yes, that is an Irish flag behind it :) ) upon which I usually work.

105_4588.jpg

My incredibly messy guest/crafting room that has recently been taken over by a sewing project, a leathercrafting project, a bunch of scrapbooking supplies and several maille projects. :P This one doesn't usually look that bad, honestly. The desk however, IS usually that messy.

LOL. While I will admit that I am a mild hoarder, my room doesn't usually look that bad. I was digging through a bunch of stuff looking for a couple things and that's why everything is strewn about. Hopefully in the next week I'll have time to start putting away again.

Any chance of getting a better picture of the little guy in the upper left hand corner?

Main work area (it's a bit cluttered right now):

workshop_02_sm.jpg

Any chance of getting a better picture of the little guy in the upper left hand corner?

http://www.chainmailbasket.com/images/misc/cmb_dom01.jpg

more information here: http://www.mailleartisans.org/board/viewtopic.php?t=16437&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=105#214933

You guys all have such big workspaces!

I only have a few rings, and they're sorted into a couple of 3x5 plastic bead storage thingies

Well, that's my AA. My-home made stainless steel rings are in a recycled pickled artichoke jar and a take-out soup container xD

Someday I aspire to have a setup like PlutoniumX or Chainmailbasket

@Chainmailbasket_com

Wow, I love his book!

Thought I'd give a little update. I have been so desperately in need of better lighting, but I finally got around to picking up two LED work lights from IKEA. At $20 a piece, I am pretty happy. Heavy base, long adjustable neck, bright little spot lights. Can bring it right next to a project if I need to do that.

Here they are on Amazon if anyone is interested. I'll try to catch a good pic, once I clean up the giant mess.

I looked at one of those lamps last time I was at IKEA. At the time I wasn't buying a lot of stuff. It boggles my mind to learn that amazon is selling IKEA stuff now......