Vidar

Wedding wear

So, coming up to my handfasting and I will be decked out in my Scale armor shirt that I made. I'm stupid excited to be able to wear this for such a huge occasion. I was going to wear my standard maille, but figured the Scale would be much more impressive.

I'll be posting photos after the handfasting....

That is way beyond cool. My wife and I (although we are not legally wed yet) plan on getting married in July. I plan on wearing an aluminium chain shirt that I am trying to work on secretly and surprising everyone when we get wed. The hardest part for me is trying to hide it until our ceremony. I wish you good luck on your journey with your new wife.

DBM

This is going to be a surprise also. Not to my wife, she has already seen it (I let her decide between the chain and scale) and also the guy standing up for me at the ceremony. He will know about it as he has to help me remove it without taking half of my face with it like I usually do (I've had really bad scratches...my neck hole is just a bit bigger than my head so I have to be careful when it turns on itself).

It should be a grand affair for sure!

This may be a silly suggestion (I don't know much about this ceremony), but could you make the cloth used to tie the hands out of maille? Just simple E4-1 or even inlay a design or your names or the date into it? E4-1 with 18g 5/32 rings makes such a supple, beautiful, almost fabric type feel.

Actually Twirler, we are using ribbons colored to signify my heritage, her heritage and then some to represent her kids (my step-kids). I do like the idea though. There just isn't enough time in the day...

By Odin's good eye! Congrats to you, Vidar...

(and I don't want to steal the thread...but

I really want to make a chain mail wedding dress. I need to find the right fabric for the flowy skirt and the bride to wear it though lol

...I love(!) the idea, but you'd have to find a helluva woman to wear around a chainmaille wedding gown for any period of time...maybe with a detachable skirt and train etc...so she could attend the reception in a mini-skirt?!)

By Odin's good eye! Congrats to you, Vidar... (and I don't want to steal the thread...but ...I love(!) the idea, but you'd have to find a helluva woman to wear around a chainmaille wedding gown for any period of time...maybe with a detachable skirt and train etc...so she could attend the reception in a mini-skirt?!)
I'd do it! Oh, yes I would!

I'd totally be in on working on the project, too

Vidar - Congrats! That's really awesome!

Edited by sugarnspike613

All of you people with significant others that want to wear mail to their weddings are the luckiest ever! D:

Yeah, the rest of us (those without S/Os and those whose weddings are behind us) have to find conventions and faires for the wearing of maille.