bikepartjewelry

Oh God..the comments...they kill me

I post a lot of my work on deviantART. And sometimes I get the f*cking dumbest comments.

Recently, on the thong I made, I got a comment about camel toe, metal and pain.

Do people THINK before they release the idiotic asinine stupidity from their brains? Do they look around the internet to see that yes, indeed, maille thongs are fairly common? And that if they are well made, quality maille with even the tiniest bit of thought to the design that they are less likely to pinch; and that GASP! they may even be comfortable?

I don't even mind negative comments on my work, save that they are made with respect and that the person has a sense of what they are talking about. I love it when someone leaves a well thought out comment about my work. It makes me think about what I can do better.

I usually don't let these things bother me or I even get a little laugh from them, but today it just pissed me off. I mean I get the the requisite "isn't it cold" comments on just about every piece of clothing I do, but those don't bother me. This comment was an assumption with little thought...and it really got under my skin. Grrr.

When I leave comments on deviations (or on threads here on the Forum), I THINK about what I want to say about the art. If i have a question, I ask it like an adult. If I have a comment I try my hardest to leave it with respect and not sarcasm or meanness.

But really? Camel toe? WTF?

/vent

Edited by bikepartjewelry

Do people THINK before they release the idiotic asinine stupidity from their brains? Do they look around the internet to see that yes, indeed, maille thongs are fairly common? And that if they are well made, quality maille with even the tiniest bit of thought to the design that they are less likely to pinch; and that GASP! they may even be comfortable?

OMG that's funny!! Considering how many "Can you actually make a chainmail bikini?" questions I have had to field, it makes "Isn't it cold?" sound like a genuis level non-mailler, Chainmail wedgy and a cringe ok .. that makes a degree of sense for a question .. but camel toe? .. oh gods thats funny.

To answer your question .. nope they don't. Idiots think idiodic questions .. at least you can spot them eh? :)

Camel toe? With rings? WTF! Obviously that person has never seen how chainmaille moves.

Cold? Yeah, until it warms to body temperature.

Pinch? Depends on the design and the mailler's ability to properly close rings.

Hell, my cotton undies can be uncomfortable. At least chainmaille breathes well.

To answer the main question: nope, most people don't think before or after they post. The majority of people are idiots. Heck, I've been an idiot a few times myself.

Edited to add: Thanks for posting that, Jodey. You made my day.

Edited by Brimley's Mom

A customer asked me once if he had a risk to get strangled by keeping his chainmail necklace when sleeping. As if it was something totally different from any other necklace. Something surnatural maybe ...

My mother told me long ago : "when you do not know about something, just listen and shut up" :biggrin: .

I learned from that a lot and always try to open my mind a lot when encountering things I do not know or do not understand. I think these guys with their stupid comments would live much better if they did the same.

It's been my thought that when people make these types of comments, they're proving how 'open-minede' they are. Unfortunately for these people, their minds have wandered off and left no forwarding address.

:cry:

Edited by Skedros

The people making those sorts of comments typically are not worth the time you lose from your life stressing their opinions, and /or the time lost crafting a response. They both think they are being cute/funny, and what you say likely will not change their opinions anyway. Open a window (or start a forum topic) scream out to the universe, and move on. Happy, happy-- Joy, joy!!

No, most people don't think before they type. Even less can spell or create a proper sentence. They also ignore the fact that through google and other various caches, that those words will stay linked to them for a very long time.

Also:

4Um4L.jpg

Edited by Martin

My favorite comment ever;

Some guy:(pointing to an aluminum vest) So if I was wearing that and I got hit by a car, I'd be alright?

Me: Umm... no you definitely wouldn't be "all right".

Some guy: Well, I mean obviously I'd have some funny shaped bruises from the rings but other than that I'd be OK.

Me: .... Yeah, pretty much.

Some guy: That's what I thought.

*Comes back with (NSFW!!!) Camelflage!!!*

:rofl: :rofl:

I would have loved seeing the guy/gal that 'invented' this product, pitching it to investors (ala Sharktank, the tv show) People are soooo strange....

and, Lorenzo & CMB...when will you be inventing shock-absorbing kevlar coated scale/chainmaille, anyway?

There is also the possibility that you got trolled. People posting stuff to make a lot of "OMG you are dumb" posts and staring controversy.

For more NSFW type stuff look up Ninja-toe. It is the male version of camel toe.

Rofl Martin. And yes, on behalf of all male brains, I apologize. We see something sexy, and our intelligence drops. I guess it devolves into stupid honest curiosity, or a bad attempt at wit if one isn't sure what else to say. XS *shrug* I guess it doesn't help if they aren't familar with mail. Its probably strange for a lot people to see us running around in metal rings, much less using it for something close to our privates. But this goes for either gender, I could find alot of women that would find it bizzare that some people wear these kinds of things, and would even ask some of those questions. XD So yes, there always be those kinds of comments from the uneducated. :P

Rofl Martin. And yes, on behalf of all male brains, I apologize. We see something sexy, and our intelligence drops. I guess it devolves into stupid honest curiosity, or a bad attempt at wit if one isn't sure what else to say. XS *shrug* I guess it doesn't help if they aren't familar with mail. Its probably strange for a lot people to see us running around in metal rings, much less using it for something close to our privates. But this goes for either gender, I could find alot of women that would find it bizzare that some people wear these kinds of things, and would even ask some of those questions. XD So yes, there always be those kinds of comments from the uneducated. :P

Oh trust me, I know it's not only men. And actually, I never said this was a male. LOL (tho it was)

As I commented back to the person who made the original comment, if he'd had an honest question about maille, the best thing to do would be to ASK, not assume.

I think my bigger concern would be snagging hairs on those of us who are not landscaped.

It's never cold when you put it on after warming it with a blowdryer.

My nephew ran wet bathing suits under warm water before putting them on so this makes sense. Personally, I like the cold sensation I get before metal warms to my body temperature. Wet bathing suits are quite another matter...they just don't go on easily.

again just to make things more interesting, for some the cold is umm, part of the desired effect , would it get me banned to wonder out loud how to link the chain thong to our Violet Wand? (which for anyone who in under age or easily offended please do not search for that. Pm me if you really want to know and I will try to explain it gently and if you already well...

Edited by calisandra

we were discussing other attachments this weekend with a designer who makes custom ones at the NERO event this weekend and guess it was sort of stuck in my brain, lol