bikepartjewelry

Oh God..the comments...they kill me

I think my bigger concern would be snagging hairs on those of us who are not landscaped.

My nephew ran wet bathing suits under warm water before putting them on so this makes sense. Personally, I like the cold sensation I get before metal warms to my body temperature.

I have had that question, but I've not been comfortable asking any of my thong customers whether they are bare or otherwise.

I like cold too. Metal, other materials that I won't name in this forum. :D

You know, I think I might actually have left you one of the ouch comments...hehe. But I would make that about ANY thong, not just maille ones because I find them DAMNED uncomfortable. :P Now please don't beat me with a wet noodle. :P

Edited by Jax25

*sigh* Not even just a nether region problem, just a general one. I'm not that *hairy* but even with the best ring closures my little hairs INEVITABELY find the edges and get pinched in a bracelet YEEOUCH! I don't even want to think off the smarts I would get wearing something *down there*.. >_> Not that it would stop me but still.. *flinches* And rubber too, rubber has a way of grabbing my hair and will pull them if it shifts. ><

Can *sort of* relate with the cold thing. Whenever I've hiked or been out and get to swim in a feezing creek or lake, theres an undeniably guilty pleasure about the "shock" it gives you. XD

You know, I think I might actually have left you one of the ouch comments...hehe. But I would make that about ANY thong, not just maille ones because I find them DAMNED uncomfortable. :P Now please don't beat me with a wet noodle. :P

:popo::innocent:;)

OMG...I love emotes. :o

*sigh* Not even just a nether region problem, just a general one. I'm not that *hairy* but even with the best ring closures my little hairs INEVITABELY find the edges and get pinched in a bracelet YEEOUCH! I don't even want to think off the smarts I would get wearing something *down there*.. >_> Not that it would stop me but still.. *flinches* And rubber too, rubber has a way of grabbing my hair and will pull them if it shifts. ><

Can *sort of* relate with the cold thing. Whenever I've hiked or been out and get to swim in a feezing creek or lake, theres an undeniably guilty pleasure about the "shock" it gives you. XD

Hair + maille is a real concern, at least in my mind. I made a male friend a titanium necklace about a year ago. He has a very hairy chest and I was concerned that the rings would get caught in his chest hair and hurt him. In fact, I was so concerned, that I tried to do a little research to see which weaves had the least tendency to pull hairs. I settled on Inverted Round, using 20g 1/8" titanium. I made sure all my closures were damn near perfect...I ask him every few months about hair pulling and he swears he's never had a hair pulled!

So I'm not sure if it's a combination of the cut of the rings, weave and ring closure, or pure luck.

We'll find out soon enough...I'm gonna make some interesting mens undies and we'll see what gets pulled. Wow...that just did not sound right. :P

I had to change my MedicAlert bracelet to a different kind because the clasp kept pulling hairs off hubby's arms when I moved in my sleep. Apparently I toss and turn a lot.

Cold can be quite titilating. Unfortunately for me, most things warm up too fast. :devil:

My favorite bikini comment is from larger chested women after explaining to them that they are custom made to their measurement..."That'll NEVER fit me. I just to big for it...".

Ahaha! Just had that happen the other night with a friend. I introduced chainmail tops to them and they were stuck on "something like that just doesn't work for a big chested woman like me", regardless of how I explained it could be tailored in any way. I think they have an extreme aversion to any suggestion of possible spill out.

I think the issue from the big-busted women is less about spill out/coverage and more about support. I speak from experience when I say that many large breasts (I was a G before my wonderful surgeon took care of it) sag a whole lot and need massive support. That support requires wider straps. I suspect these women see the dainty straps and imagine them cutting into their shoulders. Explaining that straps can be made wider to provide more comfortable support may help.

I think the issue from the big-busted women is less about spill out/coverage and more about support. I speak from experience when I say that many large breasts (I was a G before my wonderful surgeon took care of it) sag a whole lot and need massive support. That support requires wider straps. I suspect these women see the dainty straps and imagine them cutting into their shoulders. Explaining that straps can be made wider to provide more comfortable support may help.

totally agree here...I'm a D cup and I like a wider strap. You can see in the photo that her breasts are well supported (though you may need to look at the side view photos in the gallery). That's why I don't like making "generic fit" bras. I think they should fit properly.

And straps...NO RUBBER!! I made my first bra with rubber in the neckline and it was a disaster. Talk about no support.

I'm still working on a way to get rid of armpit boob...

Edited by bikepartjewelry

I'm still working on a way to get rid of armpit boob...

Let me know if you find a way to get rid of that. I haven't even found a regular bra that would do it for me.

I get loads of stupid questions as well. usually pertaining to the protective properties.

"sweet, I could rob a bank wearing it!"

me: "Well, untill people started shooting you"

"but only if they hit me in the face"

at which point i rammed my pliers through the chest of the armour and said "i guess i'm stronger than a gun?"

Who's gonna start making some Kevlar chainmaille?? Then you can start shooting at your customers that are a little, well, dim...

I had a good one today.

So, I have a "hangout" thread on one of my favourite avatar sites, and the theme is chainmail. I've posted in various places on that site about it before, and a lot of people seemed interested, so I created a dedicated place to chat about it...

Just now I posted in that thread saying I was frustrated with learning half-persian 3.

And one of my friends goes "is that a langauge?"

*facepalm*

Edited by sugarnspike613

I had a good one today.

So, I have a "hangout" thread on one of my favourite avatar sites, and the theme is chainmail. I've posted in various places on that site about it before, and a lot of people seemed interested, so I created a dedicated place to chat about it...

Just now I posted in that thread saying I was frustrated with learning half-persian 3.

And one of my friends goes "is that a langauge?"

*facepalm*

Hilarious.