heckle

other hobbies

Photography - primarily motorsports/motorcycle racing; did my fourth Blurb book last December

Pen & Paper RPGs - D&D 1e/2e/3e/3.5e/Pathfinder/4e, D20 Modern, Savage Worlds, Dark Conspiracy, Star Wars.........

Motorcycles - street; used to ride (not race) track, but sold that bike as my knees won't take it anymore

Woodworking - trying my hand at designing/making a sword/bow stand; just small stuff and chainmailing tools before that

Writing - infrequently, and invariably motorcycle related

*EDIT* ... and just added PVC bow making.

J5170014.JPG

Edited by Rob MacLennan

When I don't have pliers in my hands, I'm building arcade game cabinets. And when both of those are boring to me, I play guitar.

I'm most proud of my micro Galaga cabinet that's running off a Nintendo DS. It's like 8 inches tall.

ikdbu6tb.jpghttp://imgur.com/a/u6NUa

I made a toy box / arcade machine for my son.

XTnJ8b.jpghttp://imgur.com/a/dk3bN

Feel free to take a look at my cabs if you've got nothing else better to do. There are lots of pictures, it'll kill some time.

http://buttonsmasher.imgur.com/

Pen & Paper RPGs, roller skating/blading, and I've been researching leatherworking and making bows in order to start getting into actually doing those as well.  After my recent move to NJ I've found I've got much more time away from my command to work on chainmail and a lot less demand for my dice bags compared to Okinawa, so I've been working more on making bracelets and larger inlays. 

Pen & Paper RPGs, roller skating/blading, and I've been researching leatherworking and making bows in order to start getting into actually doing those as well.  After my recent move to NJ I've found I've got much more time away from my command to work on chainmail and a lot less demand for my dice bags compared to Okinawa, so I've been working more on making bracelets and larger inlays. 

Tandy has a lot of good videos on basic leatherworking, on Youtube. If you want try your hand at bow making then Youtube is also a good place to start for that. I've been making bows out of PVC pipe, to start with, with an eye to trying my hand at longbows and recurves in other materials later.

Tandy has a lot of good videos on basic leatherworking, on Youtube. If you want try your hand at bow making then Youtube is also a good place to start for that. I've been making bows out of PVC pipe, to start with, with an eye to trying my hand at longbows and recurves in other materials later.

Thanks for the info.  I'll be looking into it this weekend a lot more now.