Mint or Seafoam  

112 members have voted

1. 1. You can only have 1 lighter green - what will it be? Mint or Seafoam?

I make no promises I am just checking in with everyone to see where you stand.

We're talking saw cut anodized aluminum.

Remember seafoam was a mistake - it was mint made too light. This means its really tricky to have mint and seafoam because any variance in the seafoam color darker will tend toward mint and vice versa.

Polls close really soon as we're making another green and mint custom color batch order from our anodizer - so vote soon.

MINT

sxaa16516green.jpg

SEAFOAM

sxaaseafoam.jpg

For reference this is our green

sxaa1438green.jpg

Seafoam might have been an anodisation mistake but I think it was loved by many, and became very popular. I remember people wishing for it to become a regular color and I am part of those people. I think it's one of the best colors, very beautiful and versatile. So the question is: Mint or Seafoam? I would choose Seafoam. If it were available in every sizes and gauges it would be that much more better. I would also suggest Seafoam color for small and large Scales, I would SO love to use Seafoam colored scales in my projects!!

I'm torn!

I really do love seafoam, but the difference of mint/green is a nice part of the palette.

I also feel that since there are already 2 blue colors, sky/royal, that adding a third shade of "blue" is unnecessary (if cool), especially if it costs green HALF of its shade variations.

But, mint and green are still a little too close in color, and seafoam IS its sort in its own category (almost silver), so I voted for seafoam.

This will keep me up at night.

One question though. Is there a more "teal" shade possible by the new 'saw-cut' method of anodizing? Like, between mint and seafoam (or a darker seafoam)? I don't remember it being possible before with the old anodizing style.

As much as I like shades of green and dislike seafoam, I went with seafoam. It seems like a good bridge between the blues and greens, better than mint anyway. What I'd actually like to see more is a deeper/darker green, like hunter.

Great to hear it's a permanent color, although it will be a LONG time before I need to order any more. Good to know I will be able to get more when I need it though. My wife took one look at the first order I got in and when I told her it was a coloring mistake that would not be duplicated... well, lets just say there are now several thousand seafoam rings in the storage bins.

I like the lighter green of the Seafoam. It would help to offset some of the darker colors, and compliment the other "pastel" like colors that are available. (Champagne, Sky Blue, and Pink that I can think of off hand). Would also make for a good Easter color for themed work.

And I know that it is WAY late, just adding my two cents.

Edited by CGAZMailleMan

I'm in after the fact unfortunately, but the seafoam is unfortunate. It's SO soft you can't really tell it from bright alumium. It's a lovely color in a pile, but in a chain it's nearly meaninless.

I'm in after the fact unfortunately, but the seafoam is unfortunate. It's SO soft you can't really tell it from bright alumium. It's a lovely color in a pile, but in a chain it's nearly meaninless.

I didn't really have that issue. Although sea foam + black ice or champagne seem to be the most popular color requests lately. I'll have to hold it up to some bright aluminum when I get home.

heartofice002-500x467.jpg

I too love the seafoam with the lavendar. I ordered them together with that thought in mind. Also, I have no problems distinguishing them from bright aluminum so... *shrug*

I have some of both. Although seafoam is a cool color, I get tons of people loving the mint, myself included! I don't know of any other place to get mint rings.... But I know that Blu.B. has seafoam rings. that alone makes me want to clutch onto the mint for dear life! this thread also worries me for if 1 get discontinued, i wont be able to buy any of the discon' rings, im broke! :hope:

~Colt

I really don't see why you cant have both. If 1 gets a little off in a new batch, as the past has shown, it will still sell. continuously I get request for mint creations, and I am running low on the 18316 rings.

I ordered these. Even though they are a defect I think they are beautiful. Perhaps odd but I have a couple of ideas to use them with besides mailling. Looking forward to getting the Seafoam.

I find for those who don't like their seafoam rings to pair it with a blue another form of green. When the light hits it right you see the light green in it.