Vidar

Scale shirt question

I made a scale shirt (no sleeves) and wore it at my handfasting actually. I made it a few years back and I *think* it was made using stainless clad aluminum or something like that....

I don't know exactly and TRL doesn't sell the scales anymore....I need to get more to make the shirt longer (I'm slightly bigger than when I made it a few years back I think)...I just want it to look better...

Is there a way to tell what scales I used? Right now the shirt weighs around 30-35lbs....which leads me to think stainless....but it's shiny!!

some varieties of stainless are not magnetic either,, If you ordered the parts from TRL they may be able to look up your order.

I would possibly undo 30 or so scales and weigh them. this could give you a Scales/pound ratio and you could match them to the scales page on TRL.

Almost certainly stainless clad aluminium. But as suggested, weigh out a few loose ones and compare. The TRL stainless clad aluminium are magnetic.

How many do you figure you need?

Edited by Arctic TRN

Yep, definitely Stainless Clad Aluminum. Now the hard part, TRL doesn't have them anymore...

Arctic TRN : I figure I need at least 400-500 scales to make this happen to a length I would be happy with...if I want to end up with short sleeves (which I'm not even sure how I'd do it) I would probably need another 200....

Would the shiny aluminum be a decent match do you think?