Mac The Knight

Scale Vest Pattern.

here is how the front and back are attached I know it looks funny but I used to sew so I decided to make it like a pattern all that is missing is the sides and the arms.

IMG_00796.jpg

Edited by Mac The Knight

It doesn't look funny at all. Then again, I also sew. I think you have done a marvelous job and should be proud of what you've accomplished.

Yeah im so close to being done I ripped it apart at least a hundred times. I wanted to post as many detailed photo's as I can to save some one else there sanity. :D

Edited by Mac The Knight

I've reworked the neck and bodice part of my dress about six times already. I think I'm finally happy with the neckline and shoulders so I can move on to joining under the arms. The rest is pretty simple, but I have to work in some expansions for an A-line shape from beneath the bust (empire waist). I bought a crinoline to give it shape.

I've reworked the neck and bodice part of my dress about six times already. I think I'm finally happy with the neckline and shoulders so I can move on to joining under the arms. The rest is pretty simple, but I have to work in some expansions for an A-line shape from beneath the bust (empire waist). I bought a crinoline to give it shape.

Wow cant wait to see it

It's going to be months before it will be close to finished. Oh, and I'm still working out how I want to incorporate the expansions. I plan to highlight some of them with another colour, but I won't know for certain until I try out of a couple of ideas.

here is how the front and back are attached I know it looks funny.......

You should see what the bottom of my armor looked like before I attached it all! Funny is how we (mailers) do things.

Here are the sholder pads. I tried the armor on for a few hours when I went to Midievil times in Dallas the sleves are not done but the armor looked complete enough to wear it I found that the armor digs into my sholders and the seam flairs up a bit from the weight of the armor. To resolve this I made sholder pads that will bear the weight at the seam allowing the sholder scales to rest more natural. I will post a picture of me wearing it soon.

IMG_00859.jpg

Ok that padding worked out well it allows the scales to hang right and not flair up where the seam is. I still need to finish the sleaves and under the arm pit.

IMG_00860.jpg

I attached the leather padding to the seconed diagonal row on the bottom seam so the weight of the shirt does not pull at the seam.

IMG_00861.jpg

Here is what the top of the sholder will look like...

IMG_00862.jpg

Edited by Mac The Knight

Yeah im so close to being done I ripped it apart at least a hundred times. I wanted to post as many detailed photo's as I can to save some one else there sanity. :D

haha you can't save someones sanity everytime i do one i go alittle farther off the deep end

haha you can't save someones sanity everytime i do one i go alittle farther off the deep end

Yeah im so close to finishing I can tast it.... When I am done it will fit like a glove ... God I hope I dont gain any weight

im working on scale and edp bracers to go with my last scale shirt want to see what they will look like.. but i've been working scale so much my fingers hurt being in the wheel chair i can't really just sit and not do anything all day wonder if there is a support group out there for chainmail

hi my name is __________ and i have worked my fingers to the bone

looks great i wish i could get out of the house to meet up with some of you guys and the ren fests or something it would be loads of fun i think

im working on scale and edp bracers to go with my last scale shirt want to see what they will look like.. but i've been working scale so much my fingers hurt being in the wheel chair i can't really just sit and not do anything all day wonder if there is a support group out there for chainmail

hi my name is __________ and i have worked my fingers to the bone

looks great i wish i could get out of the house to meet up with some of you guys and the ren fests or something it would be loads of fun i think

what state are you in maybe we can come and get you and drag your butt to the festival.

sorry im in canada like 2 hrs south of TRL itself ... by the way makes shipping Times AWSOME!!!!

but i apreciate the offer it would just not be worth the time. we need more active festivals and what not up here. or maye a giant sponsered event (poke at TRL) i think that if we could get all the aactive useres here able to come out for a weekend we would all have a huge blast... mind you i just got back from my cousins wedding and my head hurts enough as is

thanks again