tikTAK

scale mail fitted bra

I want to make something fitted like this

gallery_17_79355.jpg

for a girl with HUGE boobs (38 GG)

out of scale mail

This may be an ambitious project for me but I have plenty of time.

From the picture it looks like the center area part looks like it goes in but there was only a front picture. I was wondering if there were any other scale weaving patterns that can be done besides the basic one. I am guessing I should make a few scale fabric pieces and weave them together.

I am hoping that the shape of this will give a decent amount of support but she will likely wear something under it anyway for comfort.

ANY tips, links, or suggestions are welcome. I am a newb. I know to wash my rings but I don't know if I need to do the same with scales.

Hours later I am also considering a M shape joined together from center of each cup to top with rings and laced with whatever straps I end up using for sholders. What kind of weave can you incorporate into scale mail for an under wire type support? I didn't order any elastic rings so it will be all metal, I don't know how well that would work with scales anyway. I have a feeling this is going to be one of the pull my hair out projects.

My rings and scales for this should be here next Friday :D:heart:

I haven't yet worked in scale, but I can give you a couple of pointers on the bra itself.m The M bra is based on European 4-1 so you can probably adapt it to scales.

The M bra can be quite supportive on its own depending on the ties/straps. For someone who is well-endowed you want to have the upper straps attach to the lower straps rather than put all the weight on the neck. You will also want the shoulder straps to be wider and flatter than for a small-busted woman. As for rubber rings, they are not a requirement and you just may have a little more work to do on fitting.

390587_203743839707807_565763547_n.jpg

Something like this may work well for the back. Though I would suggest a bit larger of a strap for someone THAT endowed. This was the test fitting of the bra that I made for my wife. You can see the EPDM rings in the horizontal strap. I added those in to keep it snug, but to also allow it to move well enough so that she could actually breathe.

If you were to use something similar, I think you would have a good result and a more custom fit. Also, thinking about the nature of the female body, their exact shape and size isn't always the same from day to day (for various reasons). Having the EPDM rings will allow the piece to adapt itself to any changes (within reason) that come about.

the only problem with that back i can see when working with scales, in a fitted style is how do get it on/off...I am assuming looking at this one that it clasps in the front somehow? if that is the case then for scales in the style pictured it won't work as is...lacing up the back or hooks or some other closure will work I have made one like that with scales but it was not fitted in the front like you seem to be looking but the straps and back should work with a more fitted style.

Thanks for all the input. I will probably do a laced up back. She says halter type suport stuff does cut into the neck but would having multiple straps be strange looking or maybe a wide triangular strap like my attachment (excuse the horrible drawing) with a lace up back, She is planning on wearing this with an underbust corset. She says she wants movement but not for it to hang loosely like the commonly seen scale tops. It needs support. What kind of lacing would be the best for this?

post-16326-0-23987200-1346042232_thumb.png

I wish Ms. Sbigbee was around but I believe she used a bra that fit as a form and as a connection point.

sbigbee.jpg

Finally found one of her in hers.

That looks great, I wonder if there is some way to do it without the bra showing. I could get her to just go get a bra she loves and then it would be easier. did she do reductions in that somehow?

It wouldn't be too difficult to hide the straps of the cloth bra underneath strips of maille. Also, using a cloth bra as a base would give you a built in closure point, provided the clasp's are sturdy enough to handle the extra weight of the scales and rings.

If I recall correctly, she sewed each scale to the bra rather than making maille (except for the portion below the lower strap).

Not correct. She wove the scales to the curvature of the cups and then it was sewn to the bra. In it's current configuration, the cloth sholder straps are sewn to a strip of woven scales.

Not correct. She wove the scales to the curvature of the cups and then it was sewn to the bra. In it's current configuration, the cloth sholder straps are sewn to a strip of woven scales.

Then I must have this confused with another one I saw that was sewn.

Then I must have this confused with another one I saw that was sewn.

I've seen a couple of others that did that. SBigbee is a good friend of mine and I often have this top displayed in my booth at shows that I vend at so I'm very familar with it and how it was made. Hers was the first that I am (and her too) that had the scales woven and then sewn to a bra.

:)