kgirl1992

How big are your orders?

43 members have voted

1. 1. On average how much do your orders (from TRL) cost?

• <$50
    • $50-$100
    • $100-$200
    • $200-$300
    • $300-$400
    • $400-$500
    • >$500 (what are you shopping for???)

I've been geting more invulved with the forum and just finished my largest ring order so far (only my third and it's $150), so I got to wondering... How much do you spend per an order?

They've been close to $100 these first few times. Now that I have a more solid idea of exactly how much it takes though, my next orders for future projects will probably be for more. The only reason I started out buying less than what I'd be needing and ordering more later this time is because I was brand new to the craft and wanted to test it out a little and see how I enjoyed working with it before committing to something big. So yeah, my future orders will probably be closer to $200 or more so I can avoid having to pay for shipping more than once. Shipping is expensive!!!

I have managed to get the Max discount 2X since I started ordering from TRL so about once a year I have an order of over $500, but the rest of them are usually at least $100. I hate not getting a discount. if I really need something in a hurry for a special order I have placed smaller orders, I think last year I had one order a month. This year I have only had 7, I missed a month somehow. there are people here who place even bigger ones though. BUt they do chain mail for a living.

I always go over the $500 mark for the max discount. But its really easy to do if you're main focus is on armor. I also like to have a fairly large inventory on hand so that I can fulfill many orders without needing to make a special order. If I get a good commision, I'll make a smaller order, but I prefer to get the max discount..it makes a huge difference over the course of a year.

I haven't hit the $500 level yet, but that's my goal...to order enough at once to get maximum discounts and minimal shipping. But I have managed to get the past several orders over the $250.00 mark. It's funny...it's not at all about not having enough stuff to order that's the problem...it always winds up being about taking stuff out of the cart to get it down to a point which I can afford it!

Though I gotta say, it sure is a cool feeling when you're shopping, and you bump over the plateau to that next spending level, and see how much "free" schtuff you're getting!

Average: 220.0057

That is only starting May 11, 2011 when I began this obsession. Half of the cost is for the dress I'm working on.

Edited by Brimley's Mom

if you have friends also into mailing in your area you can try to get them to order with you to save on shipping, a couple times a year I offer my minions the chance to do this so we can all get the better discounts ( and I get the points, lol) then they come to my house for their little baggies.

I only make suits of scale, so orders fall between 100& 200. I've been trying to buy itn all in one shot, but until I wrote my excel sheet which i use to design my pattern, i always seemed to fall short, and have to pay more shipping boooooo

I try to hold off ordering anything until I have an order of 500+. Otherwise it's a hassle to make several small orders. I don't do this for a living, its still just a hobby and I only order three or four times a year if that.

Whitesmoke

Three digit orders are a waste of shipping cost. Four digits are normal. The occasional five digit order does not come as much of a surprise either. But then, my situation isn't exactly typical.

Right now my orders have all been around 50 but that is just because I don't have the spare funds to order more. I have to make orders with just the money from previous sales. And unfortunately that has not been near as much lately.

Not big enough (who says size doesn't matter?).

Progression went something like below, with a few smaller $20-30 orders in between to make up for times I didn't get enough rings.

First order was $40. Next order will likely be almost $100 (if they every actually add the rings that is... I'm getting impatient to get rings I can work on these orders I've already gotten!) Will likely try to keep my orders to around $100 or my hubby might just kill me!

unless I need something super fast for a paying customer or some sort of competition, I never place an order under $100. With the cost of shipping, I really want to maximize the discounts. I usually buy somewhere between $100-200 per order but I think my biggest thus far was a bit over $300.

if you have friends also into mailing in your area you can try to get them to order with you to save on shipping, a couple times a year I offer my minions the chance to do this so we can all get the better discounts ( and I get the points, lol) then they come to my house for their little baggies.

...like crack addicts. lol.

My largest single project order was well over $1300, but it was not a single order because of stock levels at the time. Most of my orders are not even close to that, the average being around $250-$300.