I have never used blackened stainless of any kind, can someone enlighten me to my query? Does (any) blackened ss mar as easy as anodized black aluminum? I would like to use this on my next inlay if it won't mar the way AA does. Thanks!

just got some in that I ordered and they are just gorgeous. I cant wait to get the time to work with them. First project is a FP wallet chain

How'd the testing on these new SB rings going? How durable is the finish?Is it like working with AA that pliers can scratch the finish ir is it much more durable than that?

thanks!

Mike B

How'd the testing on these new SB rings going? How durable is the finish?Is it like working with AA that pliers can scratch the finish ir is it much more durable than that?

thanks!

Mike B

We'll get back to you in a week or so. We have some soaking in water right now.

ooh I've never even made anything out of stainless and I'm dying to know! I can only imagine how gorgeous it will be and my imagination is also imagineering the finish will last!:eek:

these look awsome, will have to order some very soon.

Will we still be able to buy the old sb rings? I kinda likked the matte finish on them aswell (they both have their ups and downs)

We've ordered some, and will be carrying it as soon as possible after it arrives.

Exellent, im at about 30-40% left currently.

Hope the new SS black will be rolling out soon.

The old ones give off their color pretty easily.

The new black stainless has been in stock for over a month....

There will be no black stainless under 18g after the old stuff is sold.

Has anyone else tried washing the rings? Just a little dish soap and water and the rings were no longer black. They were darker than normal stainless, but were nowhere near black.