Katlee

Captive inverted ring start, first time

Just remember that Minimum AR tends to mean "Point at which the weave becomes unweaveable/turns into a stick/starts bending rings open"...

For example, the Minimum AR for a single ring is 4.7, yet the Ideal AR is 5.6

Thus, if the Minimum AR for two rings is 5.5, the ideal is probably somewhere above 6.

Edited by Daemon_Lotos

Thanks Daemon. It happens that I had the rings and I thought I'd try it. I was looking for something else to make and thought CIR, awesome. Every cage and its certainly useless for jewelry purposes.

Thanks for your advice.

Nova

I don't think there's a written rule for the frequency of captive elements in CIR is there?

if every other cage is the pattern you're going for, what's wrong with that? depending on the AR of the rings, i've gone from no captive rings, to five captive rings. it's still the same weave

I'm just now seeing the latest on this thread, but I wanted to share how I usually weave it just as another option. I do it somewhat the same as you do...but instead of flipping two down, putting the captive in and then weaving in the third ring, I actually put all three on and flip ALL of them back...then you put in a captive under and flip them back up. Once that's done, you put on the next three rings to hold that cage closed and do it all again. It's a cinch to weave that way.

I'm just now seeing the latest on this thread, but I wanted to share how I usually weave it just as another option. I do it somewhat the same as you do...but instead of flipping two down, putting the captive in and then weaving in the third ring, I actually put all three on and flip ALL of them back...then you put in a captive under and flip them back up. Once that's done, you put on the next three rings to hold that cage closed and do it all again. It's a cinch to weave that way.

I have done that when the ring 'pops out' which it has... way too many times. heh It would work that way, and if I do a lot more of them I might have to recondition myself to do it. Sucks getting into a pattern of things and having to force yourself to change! hehe