Blind Maille

What are your favorite metals?

I like bronze

Bronze has a low melting point, hardness,strong plasticity, wear resistance, corrosion resistance, bright color and other characteristics, suitable for casting various appliances, machine parts, bearings, gears, and so on.

My favorite would have to be stainless steel.  I get my stainless from welding supply places.  It doesn't tarnish or fade, it is a very solid metal, looks great with anything, and although it's a bit harder to work, the durability of the end product means repairs almost never occur.

Folk metal. I forgot to mention that one. How could I? It's the best thing since sliced bread.

-------------------------------

Loves me some titanium because of the amazing strength to weight ratio. I would work with it a lot more if 'tweren't for the price.

Stainless steel is awesome. It's got great strength, even at larger AR's, where other metals falter. Very corrosion-resistant and affordable too.

Copper, brass, bronze and nickel silver I like to use where I want some variety in colour, but still the metallic look. I mostly prefer the latter three, as copper is very weak, even in full hard temper. I like anodized aluminum a bit, but the finish scratches easily, especially when weaving weaves at tight AR combinations, which I'm known for.

I don't use galvanized steel anymore because of oxidization, and it's just not very elegant. I do kind of like it though. It's the metal I started mailling with and it will always have a special place in my heart. Plus "I love the smell of galvy in the morning." <-- I didn't come up with this quote, but I use it from time to time. I honestly do like the smell after it oxidizes. Most people don't.

I like titanium too. I am currently working with it, but it's a very hard meterial. What tools are you using to work with it? what is the best way to cut it?