Gordfigg

Bracelet weave

Holy crap that is expensive for what that actually is. Yeah that looks like Half Persian to me as well, just with the rubber ring being a smaller size than the metal one.

I think I am going to have to try this sometime. I've done hp before but never thought to do it with rubber rings. Not sure why I haven't, but oh well. I'm off to try this out.

Edited by Gordfigg

16 ga. 5/16 saw cut aluminium, and what looks like 2x8 mm rubber. I guess having tags stamped with a brand name on them is really expensive?

Gordfigg: it's a lot easier with rubber, although weaving the ends together takes a bit of doing. Tip: it will take three rings to close.

I just hope this doesn't end up like the maille shirts they used to sell. Butted and snap-together riveted aluminum, either of which would rip apart if you so much as looked at it wrong. People would get upset about how crappy it was, and then even more upset when I'd point them to where to get decent maille and they saw the price. It's good to see that people realize that this is a complete rip-off, but I halfway worry that it'll make a whooole bunch of people want to learn maille and then sell them way underpriced. Especially because I'd seen some comments (now deleted) about people selling them for $5 or less.

Thanks for the tips Twilight. It is a little more difficult working with a rubber ring in joining the two ends, but I think I figured it out thanks to you.

I just hope this doesn't end up like the maille shirts they used to sell. Butted and snap-together riveted aluminum, either of which would rip apart if you so much as looked at it wrong. People would get upset about how crappy it was, and then even more upset when I'd point them to where to get decent maille and they saw the price. It's good to see that people realize that this is a complete rip-off, but I halfway worry that it'll make a whooole bunch of people want to learn maille and then sell them way underpriced. Especially because I'd seen some comments (now deleted) about people selling them for $5 or less.

umm that might have been my comment... I didnt say Id sell it for that little but I said I could make it for less then $5 and it got deleted.... Also I was just about to post a link to this so people could laugh at how high they priced it Edited by kgirl1992

I don't remember exactly, but I recall seeing at least one for selling it for $5. I don't recall exactly, I check Thinkgeek aallll the time and there were so many on that item that I lose track.

Remember, when you sell an item directly to a person, you're selling at wholesale to the public. When you sell it to a retailer, they are generally going to mark it up by 70-120% before selling it on. So, the person making them is probably selling them at $25-30, which is reasonable.

Remember, when you sell an item directly to a person, you're selling at wholesale to the public. When you sell it to a retailer, they are generally going to mark it up by 70-120% before selling it on. So, the person making them is probably selling them at $25-30, which is reasonable.

For wholesale, I'd charge less. A good chunk of what I earn from a bracelet goes to pay for the time and money I spend selling it. If someone came along and ordered 50 bracelets off of me to sell in a shop I'd happily charge only about half as much per bracelet to allow them to make a decent profit without their customers calling rip-off.

I actually used the name on the tag to find the lady's website. She is WAY overpriced (in my opinion) for everything that she's selling.

Think

I actually used the name on the tag to find the lady's website. She is WAY overpriced (in my opinion) for everything that she's selling.

The artist is selling E4in1 bracelets for about the same price. In those materials she is making over $100 per hour to do this. I totally understand needing to pay yourself for your level of skill and for the artistry you are building, but I still think that is a bit much. The rest of her web page reminds me of stuff I find on etsy for $5 a pop. The trick is that they are all priced ten times higher than that and go up.

I totally understand needing to pay yourself for your level of skill and for the artistry you are building, but I still think that is a bit much.

Yeah, that was kind of my point. :) Heck, I can make 3 of those basic ones that she's selling for $48 each in an hour (maybe 4 or 5 if I'm really in the zone and not letting myself get distracted). So that, at the very least would be around, what, $145 an hour? Materials are basically nothing for rubber and BA.