Skedros

Seatlle Gathering

Anyone here in the Northwest interested in having a West Seattle Maille Gathering> I'll start the ball rolling my offering up my apartment as the place to host it.

I'd be up for meeting!  I'm in the north Northgate neighborhood ("Pinehurst" I think)

However, poor night vision and some other stuff makes it too hard to get to West Seattle under my own power -- would you be willing to meet somewhere very bus-accessible in between the two locations, preferably by day?

(this is also the main reason I haven't had much luck getting involved in SCA around here)

Please let me know!

-Stephanie

Downtown somewhere, if you have reasonable bus access there?  (I'd suggest Wayward Coffeehouse at NE 65th St & Roosevelt Way NE if you lived a little closer to N Seattle: geek hangout + open late)

I have a few places tentatively in mind further south than that but want to ask a few friends for thoughts, though I have a few possibilities; will pvt message you after I hear back. 

BTW I'm right on the 73 route wih quick access to Nothgate TC, so at the moment it's more a matter of sticking to neighborhoods I already know and are a short, well-lit walk from a bus route with frequent connections to buses that get me directly home -- when I'm further out from what I *hope* is my last eye surgery, I'll feel a bit more confident :)

-s

No word from friends on where might be good.

I'm hoping to find out more about hen you're available and where you could easily take a bus plus any other constraints you have.  (I've friended you so that hopefully if you do so in return, I will be allowed to PM you (currently that doesn't seem to work).  I could also give you my email/phone but of course unwilling to post that publicly.

I've thought about the Dilettante Coffee in the lobby of Rainier Square (good place to read all afternoon IME); or a few Starbucks downtown that are allegedly pretty quiet and relaxed.  But a lot of what would work depend on when you're free, and how far you're willing to range -- more choices on weekdays, during the day, and I have more personal experience with Capitol Hill and northeast Seattle.

Please ping me when you get a chance!

-Stephanie

I'm still willing to host a gathering event at my apartment, with the permission of My Lady, of course.  A date and time will still need to be decided upon.