krigersk

Wolf Teeth and Wire!

Good day all,

I have wolf teeth and I have wire, but when I put them together I have a disaster.

I have unsuccesfully tried to wrap some wolf teeth to make pendants. I was wondering if anyone could point me in a direction to wrap a tooth that would make a viking proud. Not too crazy of a wrap, but not a simple one either.

Look foward to your help, Krig

I've seen both of those before. The first one looks too weak sauce on a tooth. The second one I've always liked, but I've never seen it on a tooth. It may work. I'll have to give it a try.

-Krig

I like the Gremlin's Idea, just drill a single hole at the top of the tooth and thread one ring through it.  or just push wire through the hole and twist a connector onto the top.

lol, so, I'm quite the idiot. Reading Redbeards post speaking of teeth, I realise my error. It's wolf claws I'm attempting to wrap, not teeth. I really need to stop trying to post things before I go to bed I think.

I have indeed thought about drilling a hole, but it just seems so plain to me. I am hoping to level up my skills enough to make a decent wrap on the claw.

-Krig

Where does one get wolf's teeth from?

Regardless...my first thought, and second, and in a tie for third with "You're not really going to say that, are you?", is...

wait for it...

"Well..., from wolves, of course..."

(the tie went to my first and second thoughts....sorry!)

Edited by madd-vyking

:shock: Wolf claws... how utterly awesome.... probably completely illegal to import to fortress Australia though... even most of the wildlife here you need a stringent series of permits (with royalties) to use bits of. (Let me tell you about the time I wanted to use lorikeet feathers picked up outside the shopping centre.)

Drilling and then wrapping around a couple of times sounds like the way to go to me, doesn't need to be fancy unless the jewellery style is.

Edited by calyx

:shock: Wolf claws... how utterly awesome.... probably completely illegal to import to fortress Australia though... even most of the wildlife here you need a stringent series of permits (with royalties) to use bits of. (Let me tell you about the time I wanted to use lorikeet feathers picked up outside the shopping centre.)

Does that mean you can't get Cassowary claws? Because that could be awesome

It's quite common to find cast resin bits at leather and bead shops for this knobs of project.

I Would probibly weave the claws in with three or four strands of wire.

You should be able to source copper, stainless, aluminum, brass, and floral wire locally.

The enamel or anodized craft wire may also work well but I would experiment with something less costly. I'm not realy a big fan as the anodized tends to be less durable from my local shops.

I've figured out what I'm going to do. I'll post a picture when finished.

Regardless...my firs"Well..., from wolves, of course..."

Lol, I was going to say that, but was going to play nice. There are a number of places to get claws from, but it is hard to find actual claws at a price that one can make a decent profit off of. There are a lot of casts of them out there.

The sad part I just realised is I typed teeth again and had to go back and change them all to claw. I don't know why my brain wants to keep typing teeth.

- Krig

It's been quite some time since I've posted pictures. My memory of how is not serving me well. Could someone enlighten me on how to post a picture these days?

I tried a simple copy and paste, but when I hit post it says "message is too short."

- Krig

Edited by krigersk

Go to the "more reply options" at the bottom of the post-page, gives you a place to do it from there...(attach files, etc...)

Does that mean you can't get Cassowary claws? Because that could be awesome

Hell yes wouldn't it be! But no, they're protected out the wazoo cuz they're endangered & people keep hitting them with their cars. Maybe they could be gotten from PNG, but they'd probably be specifically killed for them. One animal that doesn't require too much red tape for parts is the Red Kangaroo, as it's farmed for meat. Same with Saltwater Crocodiles. A lot of people sell teeth and hide of the latter up here where they occasionally eat people. I've tried to source the teeth for a sensible price, so far without luck. But it'd be a great tourist magnet in the busy season so I should keep trying.

Indeed, you have led the way to pictures Madd, thanks.

I decided to go with Blind Mailles' idea. I used coper wire making a Valknut for the finishing touch. I clearly need practice, but it's a start.

I saw a wrap a fellow did on etsy that looks awesome. He was nice enough to show me how he did the back. I am going to attempt to do that one later.

- Krig

post-1435-0-63153800-1361681749_thumb.jpg

Edited by krigersk

Drilling and then wrapping around a couple of times sounds like the way to go to me, doesn't need to be fancy unless the jewellery style is.

I take it they wanted you to prove you found the feathers?