Lee

Will they sell the directions?

try useing Tineye to find that image on the owners webpage or other account.

In the past I have been able to track people down and ask about a paticular piece through image shack and photobucket.

failing that there are a few options to design your own pattern. Copying someone else design outright tends to make artists uncomfortable there are a lot of options that can work for that type of skirt or drape but it realy needs to be sized to the globe.

I have done a few over the years often starting with helm chain, stepping stones, or contractions evenly space on a strip of E4in1.

Its basicly an upside down basket, 18 guage 3/16 16 guage 1/4" and 5/16" can go a long way to makeing your own project.

it can help to use a candle or piece of pipe to elevate the globe and keep it from rolling away.

Thanks all for the information. I am new to chain maille and saw this in the gallery. I though it would make great Christmas presents!

Whenever possible, try eyeballing it yourself.  Making mistakes is the best way to learn.  If nothing else...you learn what not to do.

cohort, Just got off the phone with Erin, She is an amazing artist.I am working with her  with the ornament as a fundraiser for the Cleveland Clinic Heart Center. ( Of which Im a former patient.) I will post more later when we finalize things. Thanks again for sending me in her direction. :biggrin:

:-)

Yes, "Newbie" (A.K.A: Lee) and I are currently working on this....I'm glad you found me, Lee :-)

As for selling instructions, I've never even used a tutorial before much less have ever written one. I wouldn't even know where to start to write out instructions. My best advice would be to go off my pictures :-)