gmm213

Maille Corset

I am going to be making a corset for my wife. I am not sure if I am going to use sheets of mail or individual scales. Can anyone point me in the direction of a sturdy corset. All the ones I can find are silk or satin and I don't think they'd be sturdy enough to hold weight. I was also thinking of mailing over a bra with loose hanging mail or scale to form a halter 

Also I know that quite a few of her bras are add two cup sizes so if I could find these as corsets that would be nice

Edited by gmm213

Expensive corsets are copiously spring steel boned and should be plenty sturdy, requiring at least 3 layers with one layer herringbone non-stretch. You can find them in all sorts of outside layer materials, such as denim and leather, and good corsets need to be custom fitted. I don't have the names of quality makers off the top of my head sorry! but they are out there online and looking at their work and info clues you in to whether they are a quality maker or not.

All good corset makers do custom sizing and can work with you regarding materials and shape. Expect to pay several hundred US dollars or equivalent currency. Good luck!

I will probably go with a bra/halter top if I am going to be looking at that much for a decent corset. Anyone point me in the direction of plans? Weaves that arent to hard to do one with?