mimic

Favorite genre and movie

So I have heard, read that people in here have mentioned the favorite movies with maille in it but what about in general. Just a curiosity.

Wow I had forgotten about the silliness of that movie. I recall this one but before that I thought of him in The Woods first.

Almost anything syfy and a lot of action. For favorites i don't think i have any that i like more than the others i have.

What particular ones are you finding yourself watching over and over? perchance those ones that you know will just pull you out a mode?

"We're more of the love, blood and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see."

"We're more of the love, blood and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see."

Nice. Thanks for a kind reminder of Tim and Gary. I love their sarcasm. Thanks. :D

here lately i have been watching all the different marvel comic book movies. Oh and real steel and 300 which i really enjoy because of how they did the fight scenes.

Yes the fight scenes are pretty cool. I haven't seen many of the marvel comic book movies.

Favorite movie?  Highlander...the original one.

One of my favorites too. Granted I have a wide span I watch but gotta say the scenery in that one is simply breathtaking.

Hmm I have to admit my favorite movie that I always come back to is Umrao Jaan. Always inspiring. Love both versions but tend to go with the newest one more.

I never could determine my favorite movies in a ranking order, but I do know that in my top 3 I would include Jason and the Argonauts

May I ask why? And what were your other two?

Gonna go a bit odd here, 84 Charing Cross Rd. has got to be my favorite over everything else. It's not action or drama, real life without being cindrellaish or hellish.

There's a line in the movie that always struck me as pure poetry, "I never could get into people that never existed, or things that never happened, but if Chaucer has written what it was like to be a clerk in the court of the Edward the III, that I would learn old english for."

I hope I got that correct! :)

I love scifi and action, but to see into a life always struck me as the highest art. The everyday is very hard to fake :)

84 Charing Cross Road is still considered a "drama" even though it tries to be as realistic as possible. Anthony Hopkins is excellent in his role.  Yes Chaucer wrote that. I believe it is from the Canterbury Tales. Also a good read. :D

Which scifi/action do you like?

Good movie btw.

I like detective movies
like Sherlock Holmes

The movie plot is very attract to me, and very exciting

There are a lot of movies that have that plot of detective work. The climax of finding the who did it. Good psychological movies are like that. They keep you on the edge which is why some are classified as a horror flick but reality is that they are far from it.

I have found in the my past a few foreign films that are good detective movies. Korean, Chinese and Japanese have good ones.

definitely Barry Lyndon

I don`t know how Kubrick persuaded NASA to borrow him their night camera, thanks to this his night shots just with natural light are magnificent.

Well, one can say that it`s just a story of a mans life, but still the movie charms with simplicity.

Also, The Duellists by Ridley Scott. What he made with almost no budget is stunning.

Don't know much about Barry Lyndon. I will have to research.

The Duellists. Sweet. Nice movie but I didn't know the tidbits about the budget. Thanks for the info.

There are a lot of movies that have that plot of detective work. The climax of finding the who did it. Good psychological movies are like that. They keep you on the edge which is why some are classified as a horror flick but reality is that they are far from it.

I have found in the my past a few foreign films that are good detective movies. Korean, Chinese and Japanese have good ones.

Korean, Chinese?

Can you recommend a detective movie? In my impression, the two countries do not have a very good detective movies.

Korean, Chinese?

Can you recommend a detective movie? In my impression, the two countries do not have a very good detective movies.

You need to think beyond what the typical "murder, mystery, detective" movie is. Psychological films tend to make you think. American versions would be something like Stephen King movies, Gothika to name a few. A few Asian ones that I used to watch was Ghost of Mae Nak (which I don't believe in ghosts), Sin of the Family, Public Enemy.. and a cross country one which included French Jean Reno - Wasabi.  Just to name a few.

As for pure detective movies, I`ll always go for british series - Sherlock Holmes (with Jeremy Brett), Hercule Poirot (with David Suchet) and Cadfael (with Derek Jacobi)

Japaneese detective stories ? Hmpf... Nora Inu (Stray Dog) - very old, but still good. Ghost in the Shell SAC series are detective stories. Kind of. But it`s anime.

As for pure detective movies, I`ll always go for british series - Sherlock Holmes (with Jeremy Brett), Hercule Poirot (with David Suchet) and Cadfael (with Derek Jacobi)

Japaneese detective stories ? Hmpf... Nora Inu (Stray Dog) - very old, but still good. Ghost in the Shell SAC series are detective stories. Kind of. But it`s anime.

Yes British I do so enjoy. :D

Wow. Nora Inu.. I haven't seen that since -- well nigh 20 or 21. Been a while. I think I really need to watch that again. I know Ghost in the Shell series. It was good. I do like anime too.