Griff89

Chainmaille bell type sleeves help?

So i was recently commisoined to make a chainmaille bikini (know how to do that easy)

She also has requested sleeves bell style

http://home.earthlink.net/~bloomerj/images/sleves_small.jpg

That is what she found and would like something simliar but gave me freedom of creation...

my question is would it be better to start with a barrel and add expansions or should i just create the pattern then stitch it together after i have made the 2 halves of each sleeve? im worried this will create a unsightly seem been banging my head on the desk for a hour now with the best way to approch this sucker

I would do the way you mentioned, start with a tube/barrel size for her upper arms and them expand from there,  going round and round until the sleeves are the length you want. but that is just me... :innocent:

The picture is a little small, but that particular example looks like (you can see it if you look at the sharp angle under her left wrist and what appears to be some odd behaviour by the maille near her left elbow) there is a triangular gusset starting probably just above and behind the elbow, woven in with 45 degree seams