mimic

Necklace for client

So I have asked my client what she wants and I have decided rose gold niobium is the best solution for her necklace. My only issue is she said the bigger the better. Meaning the gaudier the better. I don't know how, what to say to that.

Any suggestions on what ring size to go forward with? She liked the bracelet I made with AA1438 rings in mobius/ flower form. So have decided to alternate that with another to make it striking. 

Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks for the time to read.

Maybe she means colorful or a suprising juxtaposition of color instead of gaudy?

I thought that too. I even reconfirmed that she definitely wants gaudy. I was a bit taken back by it but if that is what she wants I will give that to her.

If she liked Moebius, maybe double row Moebius necklace will do ?

I intend to do that. Making it a little bit delicate and feminine. I know she will enjoy it.

Maybe she means colorful or a suprising juxtaposition of color instead of gaudy?

How old is this customer? I can only surmise that 'Gaudy' has changed in its meaning over time. My mother and her friends all liked "gaudy" things as she called them. But the meaning she intended was more along the lines of "this is gaudy. Its an overdone piece both in scale and its over-generous use of brighr color and contrast"

How old is this customer? I can only surmise that 'Gaudy' has changed in its meaning over time. My mother and her friends all liked "gaudy" things as she called them. But the meaning she intended was more along the lines of "this is gaudy. Its an overdone piece both in scale and its over-generous use of brighr color and contrast"

I would say she is just out of her "late teen years" or hitting her "mid twenties". Not 100% because I don't go around asking women their ages. Totally impolite.

Bling is in (again). Take a look at commercial necklaces for some ideas of what her peers are wearing. Chunky, gold, layered, bold. Gaudy. Then do a handmade twist on it. :) 

Bling is in (again). Take a look at commercial necklaces for some ideas of what her peers are wearing. Chunky, gold, layered, bold. Gaudy. Then do a handmade twist on it. :)

Haha. Thanks for the laughs. I will try it. Thanks.

bling...once I got an order for gadgets for a "gangsta" mockery costume.

I did couple of 12 ga shiny brass box weave necklace, half inch thick, around 20 inches long.

Was "gaudy" enough ;)

bling...once I got an order for gadgets for a "gangsta" mockery costume.

I did couple of 12 ga shiny brass box weave necklace, half inch thick, around 20 inches long.

Was "gaudy" enough ;)

I almost want to say ka poww after you wrote this. La. I love it! Thanks for the laughs. Yes that would be "gaudy" enough.

Oh bah I show her the rings and she said NO! Grr. She actually said like this.. cheap piece of junk jewelry. Wow! Um okay. Sure. I will see how I can make a two toned piece for you. Sure.

Then the next question was can I make it thicker. Really? Uh oh I have created a monster client. Grr.

@ mimic

Well, I see now. Such clients very often do not want, what they think they want. Clearly she has some troubles with deciding what she wants, so everything here is in your abilities as a salesman, not as a craftsman. Maybe she needs more relating and rapport during her shopping.

But how many samples have you shown her ?

I have a small elegant suitcase, where I hold some tools, and some weave samples. I also have a decent collection of macro photos on my tablet - real scale, photos, easy to look through, helps a lot.

And did she liked Moebius or not ? On one of my photos here is a simple Moebius necklace ending with double row Moebius. Feel free to use it to show to your client, I could also send you a close-up detailed photo of it, if it helps to pin her down ;)

@ RAdesign.. Ha ha. I don't have much of a collection. I just showed her what I have done. Yes to the Mobius and yes to JPL. No to the byzantine. However she like the largest size rings down to the smallest. I shook my head and said I will come up with something and you will enjoy it! Although it must have two tones of gold. La.

Howls at the pining her down part. Thanks.