hgreco

Starting a hobby shop advice

Hey guys,

I wanted to get some advice from other chainmaillers. So I decided to to start selling my chainmaille creations online. I was wondering if you guys would take a look at my website and give me some advice on what you think. Also if you like it (or not) please tell people about it.

Thank You,

Heather

http://heather-rehtaeh.wix.com/chainmaille-life

Edited by hgreco

You may want to rethink your hosting arrangement. Wix (or whoever your hosting company is) is putting individually targeted adds on your web pages. Those adds are specificly (and in my case, very accurately) chosen to take your visitors away from your website to someone elses website. Bad for your buisness but good for theirs.

On your 'about' page, between the main text and your support blog. Firefox (for Linux). A sequence of 3 different adds (so far) for things I have done Google searches for in the last month or so.

Thanks guys,

I realize that is my comment box that is sending out ads :-P I'm taking that down now. If you need anything or have any other suggestions please let me know. Also I know you are chainmaillers yourself, but if you can help me spread the word about my shop (or want to buy something) I would be elated.

Thank you,

Heather

Edited by hgreco

I would probably just remover the Phone Number part, it comes across a bit non professional. If you don't want a Phone Number just leave it off.  while it seems cute to some maybe even most , it might  not be well received.

The other reason for not posting a phone numper is that people will call you   ...  from 12 time zones away   ...   and wonder why you are such a grouch when it's 2 in the afternoon in New York.

I know but she didn't post a number she posted a joking comment in its place. like I said not a route I would have gone, I would have just left it off completely instead of that.