Sign in to follow this  
musicnchainmail

Wanting to make a bra

I have the pattern from TRL in my cart. But I need a rough idea of how many rings to order as well. S and H costs a bit, plus the bank charges me for doing business outside the states. And, it takes awhile for delivery to where I am. So I try to do big orders all at once. Can anyone give me a rough number, or someone with the pattern take a peek at it and let me know what it says, please? Any help appreciated. Hopefully sooner than later. Thanks. 38C if that helps to know.

From the pattern:

2135   16g 1/4" ID aluminum (AA or BA rings)

1450   16g 1/4" ID EPDM rings

280     16g 5/16" ID aluminum (AA or BA rings)

According to the pattern this is approximate for a D cup.

Also listed: Your actual number of rings will depend on factors such as length of straps, bra modifications, etc.

From the pattern:

2135   16g 1/4" ID aluminum (AA or BA rings)

1450   16g 1/4" ID EPDM rings

280     16g 5/16" ID aluminum (AA or BA rings)

According to the pattern this is approximate for a D cup.

Also listed: Your actual number of rings will depend on factors such as length of straps, bra modifications, etc.

Thank you so much!

Also related to making a bra: could you switch the rings to square rings 1:1 or would you need to use a differnt ring size in square rings to use with the instruction from TRL?

I have not worked with the square rings but I don't think you can substitute 1:1 unless the weave is relatively loose. It might work for the E4-1 portion but likely not for the E6-1 straps in the sizes listed.

Edited by Brimley's Mom

I have not worked with the square rings but I don't think you can substitute 1:1 unless the weave is relatively loose. It might work for the E4-1 portion but likely not for the E6-1 straps in the sizes listed.

Thanks for the reply, I thought as much.  :hope:  But would there be someone who has experience with the square rings and how to substitute normal rings with these and let us know how to do that?