Pliers and wires

Tronex pliers feedback - a bit disappointed in quality

I have been using mine almost exclusively since December and so far have had no problems,  I use most 16g 5/16 or 1/4 Aluminum but have used them a few time for 14g.  I think it was recommended not to use them for 12g but would have to go back and read the description. I really love the feel of the handles and have pretty gotten rid of most of my calluses and soreness since using them. I have used for small armor projects and bikini tops as well as jewelry.

Edited by calisandra

I notice there's no activity on this thread since 2013.  Did this issue get resolved by Tronex?  $100 is a lot of money for me to invest in a pair of pliers that's going to wind up with weak edges or breakage, but I really like the ergonomic handles on the Tronex models, so I'm tempted.  Also, I wondered about the durability of the springs.

On 2/23/2019 at 2:03 PM, Bernice Daniels said:

The issue was resolved with a plier change. We worked with Tronex to improve their design for our use. There was no activity on the thread because it was resolved. 

We now have years of experience with these and LOVE them. 

I received my four pairs of new Tronex yesterday and tested the stubby wide bladed ones with my new 18 ga 3/16" titanium rings.  After an hour the edges of the Tronex jaws were starting to nick slightly in places and there are distinct scuffs across the blades.  I must conclude they're still mushy, and though I got them to work with 16 ga aluminum and other stronger metals in 18 ga, in keeping with recommendations on the tool page, they're now relegated to 18ga aluminum and softer. 

My $9.00 Eurotool pliers show no such damage after several hours' work with the titanium, and are obviously a superior tool.  I'm very disappointed.

Edited by Cara_Chapel
grammar error