ksoe

Matte coloured rings

Hi all,

I've just been informed that the enamelled copper rings will be discontinued at TRL shop, which is a shame because I've had really great results with the flesh coloured enamelled copper rings.

I will continue to buy from the store for as long as I can but I will have to look for other ways to achieve a similar result.

I like to work in silver or copper because of the softness, and also colour, so enamelled copper has been a good choice. I don't like the anodised or silvered copper look, I'm primarily after a flat, even powder coated look (but a really tough coat - TRL ones scratch easily). And aluminium in generally is a bit too springy for me to work with.

I do have a ringinator which I have to get working, so my next thought was if I could source a larger variety of enamelled copper wire, and produce my own. Does anyone have any ideas on where I could source some matte coloured enamelled copper wire (19-20g) and then how I would go about cutting the rings with the ringinator (so that I don't scratch the rings)

Cheers!!

how I would go about cutting the rings with the ringinator (so that I don't scratch the rings)

Using it as-is should work just fine. I've never noticed scratching on any of the rings I've made. If you do notice any, a bit of masking tape applied to the V groove will fix that. So the coil slides on the tape instead of on the metal.