Nomlet

I also sell Scales on the Internet! Hi!

Hi guys! Relatively new here (and I suppose by relatively I mean completely), looked like the post fit here the best. 

I've had some success on the internet at large with a couple of scale items that I made for myself (almost 14.5k notes on the original tumblr post now), so I decided I might as well open up an Etsy shop and see if anyone out there was actually interested. I was pretty surprised at the response; I'm not exactly making a living, but it's been not a bad side job for me to tinker with in my off time, and it's more than funding all of the other things I've wanted to make for me.

Here are some pictures from my shop of what's currently for sale. (The pictures are all of pieces I made for me, and additional ones are made to order based on what colours and size the person wants.)

il_570xN.548021212_2b0w.jpg

il_570xN.548111757_or7l.jpg

il_570xN.559892257_k8es.jpg

And, of course, the shameless self-promotion link.

At the moment I'm also working on a couple new projects; the most interesting of which being a Scale Coif, since I couldn't find any on the internet when I took a spin around. It looks like a wig right now; I've had to put it on hold for a couple of larger orders (and because I'm out of those colours until my next order), but so far I'm pretty pleased with how it holds its shape. It's staying on surprisingly well, too! Here it is on my dumb face.

10151916_10153997675855029_3623110000006

Thanks for the read, guys, and let me know if I can make anything for any of you.  ;)

The coif looks awesome, you should look at color combinations that would work  well  like black and silver... or green and yellow for a fruity pineapple look.  

(Edit) Trying to sell maille to other maillers has already been discussed before a lot on the forum: you might not get a lot of sales from those who pratice the art but the folks here will gladly give you advice on selling if you ask them.

That being said, your scale designs are original, you might get some sales form non-mailler that lurk on the forum once your reputation is established here.

Watch, sometimes people come here and ask for commissions.

Most will gladly give you advice and inspiration if you need some but you do not seem to need the latter.

Edited by JPC

Nice looking pieces, you've definitely got some skills. Can't say I'm fond of the coif, though it might look better in small scales.

I've done a few of them for various productions but the only one that was half decent was on the Regina character in Once Upon a Time.

http://37.media.tumblr.com/906d4f8de148c93be6bf3e26f076dae7/tumblr_mpol42819C1qmvur2o5_1280.jpg

YOU!!!!! You are the person who did that sleeve! I need to talk to you on how you did that so well . . . I found it on pinterest and have been wondering on how to do it properly. . . 

Also I love the spinal cord scales. . . I plan on doing that for my Lizardman LARP persona. . .