McSav3

Dragonpelt

I have an order for a shirt woven with the dragonscale weave, any suggestions on a good way to figure a price? Larger rings are butted blackened stainless, smaller rings are butted stainless, approximate weave time is 2 months. Any suggestions on price would be appreciated.

ALOT

seriously, you're using dragonscale....that's an enormous amount of weaving, a very dense weave, loads of rings.

maybe take the number of rings you'll be using, figure out what that'd make in something like european 4 in 1, then figure what you'd charge for that quantity of e4in1 and use that as your reference point?

Maybe it is just simpler to charge by the hour, I have an average rpm depending on ring size and material.

Last one I saw for sale was 16 gauge 5/16 for the larger rings around 2k US dollars.

That was for a slender build man about 12 years back.

I'm not shure of it ever sold...

I assume this is a vest, if so charge by the hour and add 20%, a large part of the time involved with this will be tailoring to fit properly in addition to weaving.

If it's a shirt with sleeves then add 50%.

A custom commission like this should be a couple thousand dollars MINIMUM. If it isn't that, or more, then you aren't charging enough.

If at all possible have custom sized flat washers punched for the large rings, this has three benefits. First, it saves you a LOT of weaving time. Second, it makes the finished piece feel smoother since there are no ring ends. Third, it looks amazing.

An hour gives me a 5 row wide ~15 row deep segment in 18g 1/4 and 19g 5/32. . . I thought of doing a shirt once. . . never after making my first bracelet. . . they best I would THINK of doing is a pleated skirt. . . or a full skirt. . .