Jon Daniels

Small Aluminum and Black Anodized Scales in Stock

New black anodized scales are punched from anodized strip. This means only the outside of the scale is anodized but the anodizing is virtually perfect. These scales are also slightly thicker (30 thou instead of 25 thou).

We have enough anodized strip to make 3 million scales so we are stocked. We'll buy 3-5 more colors of anodized strip in 2-3 months.

http://theringlord.com/cart/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=185&cat=Aluminum+and+Anodized+Aluminum+Scales

There are no turquoise there today. Anything that has less than 1k scales has none. I asked. And anything else that has some freakishly small number is also none.

New black anodized scales are punched from anodized strip. This means only the outside of the scale is anodized but the anodizing is virtually perfect. These scales are also slightly thicker (30 thou instead of 25 thou).

I'm just a bit worried about how visible the edges might be. Though I imagine getting the better anodizing is the better trade-off. Hopefully this will reduce the cost as well since you no longer have to string them on wires individually? I wonder how this compares to the blackened SS, except that doesn't come in the small size.

How much tougher are these .30 scales? There was a warning about not being too rough with the .25 scales, but with them now being double the thickness of the steel ones are these in fact tougher?

We have enough anodized strip to make 3 million scales so we are stocked. We'll buy 3-5 more colors of anodized strip in 2-3 months.

Nice. Though you originally had 10 other colors, not a mere 5. I'm particularly hoping for green and blue. Any ETA on these?

I ordered the black in my last order and was a little disappointed that they were only anodized on the one side and not both. In re-reading the post I realize that may be what she meant - that if you're making scale maille, only the outside is anodized. But I often use these as drops in jewelry and flip them over to "cradle" the crystals. The new scales are not anodized on both sides which means I'll have to re-think when I order them.

I may just go with the plain scales and then color them myself so that I can get both sides colored.

Any update on when these will be in, and what colors you will be getting?

I ordered the black in my last order and was a little disappointed that they were only anodized on the one side and not both. In re-reading the post I realize that may be what she meant - that if you're making scale maille, only the outside is anodized. But I often use these as drops in jewelry and flip them over to "cradle" the crystals. The new scales are not anodized on both sides which means I'll have to re-think when I order them.

I may just go with the plain scales and then color them myself so that I can get both sides colored.

Please send me an email

Rumble rumble rumble. Mutiny mutiny mutiny. (sorry, my father was a major fan of Stan Freeberg)

I've got a sizeable order waiting on having anodized scales, it would be nice to have a guess as to when we'll see them in stock. I imagine others are waiting as well.

Just a note, I joined the forums because I was going to beg for some scales. :) I plan on ordering piles and piles of it (Or as much as the budget will allow.)

Actually, their first problem is going to be the split rings. If they haven't already, they need to order them ASAP. Perhaps my idea of a medium sized project is demented, but I'd trivially wipe out their remaining stock with even an intermediate sized order.

Sigh, still waiting on new quantities of the anodized scales...

Just a note, I joined the forums because I was going to beg for some scales. :) I plan on ordering piles and piles of it (Or as much as the budget will allow.)

Me too! Me too! (Well, I joined the forum because I enjoying learning and seeing what other have to share.) But I totally dieing to see the new scales and like many colors!!! :D

I'm stocked up and scaling happily.

One thing though, Dutch import tax is a dirty lowdown bottomfeeding dirtbag that weighs down any order I'd like to place. Lovely aint it to have a financial cricis that someone else is making soooooo much fuss about rubbed in your face.

Still have 3000 scales though... i might make four shirts... or a complete suit... or fashionable hat...

-T-

Actually, their first problem is going to be the split rings. If they haven't already, they need to order them ASAP. Perhaps my idea of a medium sized project is demented, but I'd trivially wipe out their remaining stock with even an intermediate sized order.

Sigh, still waiting on new quantities of the anodized scales...

Chill... we make them.

I know we shouldn't ask, but I wanted to note that I'm still waiting with my order till the turqoise scales are in stock again.

Turquoise is not a color we will be getting this time. It may be added next time - but next time could be a year form now.

Uh, last I had heard you were expecting new stock in September?

I see a couple new colors, but aside from bronze (the picture looks more like gold) and pale gold, there doesn't appear to be any new scales in. It would be nice to at least have the primary colors...

Also, any idea of when prices will stabilize? I'm guessing they're mostly due to you refining your process, as I have a hard time believing the material varies that much?

Edited by EHeM