Kittensoft_Chainmail

Wreath Ornament Kit

Hi, I just order 1 of these kits and I have a question.  It arrived with around 200 14 ga. 11/32" ID rings.  I don't see these rings listed in the description of the kit, or in the instructions.  The 14 ga. listed in both is either rings 7/16" (which I got), or rings 3/8" (which it looks like those are only needed for the snowflake ornaments which I didn't order.)

Is this an error on the packaging end, or am I missing something?

Help?

Edited by Kittensoft_Chainmail

Rest assured the ones sent will work and are our anodized aluminum 14g 7/16".  If you think the size is wrong then you'll need to email customer service with details.

If the package says 14g 7/16" then that is what they are though. 

We don't make 11/32" anodized aluminum in 14g. 

I've made 3 of the wreaths for far, and they are coming out much looser than I expected.  Are the colored rings supposed to settle towards the bottom of the center ring?  I don't think so as it looks lopsided and messy, so I've had to add and extra row of connector rings around the center wreath (between the outside and inside rows of connectors) connecting the double green rings to the double green rings and the single red to the single red rings to tighten it up.

This is causing me to run out of connector fast than I expected, and I doubt I'll get the stated 8 wreaths out of what comes in the kit.

Is this a common problem, or have other people mentioned it, with this kit?

This really is easier by email as now I have to ask order questions - I need to know when you ordered these rings and if you ordered it as a kit. I need you name and order #. 

I have never seen the wreath sag like that and my first guess is the size of your center ring is too small but I want to check your order first. 

My name is Katrina Wolffe, my order # 259002 ordered 10-14-2014. I ordered the Wreath kit and 2 Star Ornament kits.

BTW the rings I was asking about originally were the center rings for the star kit.  My calipers were off and I had to get a new set, that's where the 11/16 measurement came from. Imagine my embarrassment. The stars are working beautifully, so no problems there.

The wreath is a sculptural weave and any small change can make cause you to need to make a tweak. 

I think the best tweak in your case will be to use 8 14g 7/16" rings around the outside of the center ring and not 9. This will tighten it up. I have examples here of when I used 8 and it works fine. 

I confirmed all the rings sent are correct and are the correct sizes.