Mac The Knight

New here

Hi been reading threads here for years I would like to start a new project for a female costume. im sure I can do it. can anyone who has done something like this post any hurdles they had to get through.

I want to a design some thin that is form fitting but hides the belly "baby battle Scar" she is really hot looking just self conscious about this area.

any help no matter how complicated I know I can do it.

I did a mini-dress in 1/4", 16 gauge bright aluminum that's going to be used by an actress in Seattle as part of a costume for a photoshoot, later this year. It wasn't very tough to do. I just started with a basic bra pattern and extended it downwards, to create skirt area. By its nature chainmail is form fitting, so there wasn't really a lot of need to taper it. I put a drawstring around the back to size it to the wearer.

JB190010.JPG

You can change weaves, ring sizes, and materials depending on the garment and over all look your after.

It may help to make a ducktape body double to build off.

It may work with a skirt to simply use a piece of leather as the waist band.

go for it. it is a basic heart shape.(most commonly called my owl top, lol) that one had chain straps but I have found having cloth or ribbon straps  that crisscrossed and tied in the back is also popular. I have found that girls at my larp prefer that to a halter style  because when running around a lot the  weight on the neck can get to a bit wearing after several hours( most of my girls would be running around from 8-48 hours in their armor for the weekend,  taking it off only when they slept. assuming they slept at all). :biggrin:

Edited by calisandra