alarion99

Material sources

So I know we all obviously love TRL, but there is a lot they don't yet offer (variety of beads, pendants, etc). So I was wondering, after you've filled your cart here, what are your other favourite go-to sources for the rest of your components?

Part two of this question is do you know where I can find screw top pendant tubes with an inner diameter of at least 5mm? I've been scouring the internet all night and came up empty, so I'm hoping one of you fine folks might know a source I haven't tried yet.

I found one, and now I need more. Tiiiiiiny dice holder.

post-5068-0-23809700-1424013066_thumb.jpg

Oh, those tubes are great! Where did you get them?

FireMountain Gems had a huge selection, they're pretty much the first site I check for anything jewelry related I can't get from TRL. Though I haven't found anything like your dice holder, they did have these bottles:

10666745753_98238f3d05.jpgDice in a smaller bottle by twilightbanana, on Flickr

AC Moore, in their "Steampunk" section. I sold them out a while ago and they haven't restocked so I'm wondering if it was discontinued. They were like $7 each though so I'm hoping to find something similar somewhere cheaper.

That bottle is pretty adorable. Tiny dice are the best. I saw the 5mm ones last year at PAX East and damn near spent my whole budget on them.

They're called "wishing bottles" or "rice vials", sizes start at 5mm but I'm not sure that's the I.D., you can get them direct from the Chinese manufacturers for about $0.25-$2 each depending on size and style, just do a Google search.