Raxius

Hemming Euro 4 in 1

Hey everyone, I'm making my first chainmail vest and I'm trying to figure out a way to hem the edges. I've seen some pictures of chainmail vests where the edges are hemmed like the one below but I can't wrap my mind around how it's done from the pictures alone. Does anyone recognize what this is exactly and have any suggestions for how to do it? Or does anyone know any other ways to do something similar with euro 4 in 1?

Chainmail_Vest___Shoulder_by_Vulpine_Ham

The collar looks to be Euro 4 in 1 box.  It's just 4 rows of Euro connected together.  The sleeve looks like Full Persian 6 in 1.  Both are chain style weaves instead of a sheet weave.  It looks like the vest is attached to each where ever an edge ring can be placed cosmetically appealing.  

I think that collar is indeed a 6 row tube, the angle of the visible rings seem to indicate there is more than one row not visible.  And the rings of that tube are not the same size as the rings of the vest

But, as it is your first vest, I'd like to note that such hemming is really uncommon and is not necessary at all.  In sewing, hems are used to keep fabric from unravelling.  Chainmail fabric does not unravel.  If you want to do something decorative, one or two rows in a different colour of rings is a common finish.  Or a row of E 6-1.

The vest on the picture looks rather uncomfortable to me, as those bulky hems would press into your neck and shoulder.  Though that vest is probably light (those rings have a very high A.R.), so maybe it wasn't a concern in that case.  

What rings did you use for your vest?

The vest on the picture looks rather uncomfortable to me, as those bulky hems would press into your neck and shoulder.  

I had to learn that one the hard way, myself. Euro 4-1 to HP 3-1 is a very nice-looking weave, but it sure digs into your neck and shoulders when you try to trim a vest with it. :P