Still waiting for UPS to deliver the order I made 12-13-15, and you folks shipped on 12-18-15.  I know it's not really your fault, but it's annoying as hell to me!  I've been waiting damn near month now, and the package did not move at all between the 21st & 30th of Dec.

Why again could this NOT be shipped USPS?

I had the same problem where my package was in their warehouse for 2 weeks not moving. and the tried to blame customs and trl for it not being cleared even though it was already in the united states and their scans said that it had already cleared. and to answer you question i think its the dollar value of your order because it seems whenever i have an order over $200 i have to use ups and checkout. Whats even funnier is that I placed a second order with TRL exactly 2 weeks later and was able to use usps and i was able to pick that package up the same day as the order that shipped threw ups over 2 weeks ago. now this just proves it has nothing to do with TRL and all to do with the incompetence of ups. Jody H. from TRL was very helpful as always i had called UPS over 5 times about why my package had been sitting there for 2 weeks and all the did was blame it on TRL. and when i emailed Jody she got right back to me and then she contacted ups and BAM one hour after she called UPS they started moving my package.

MESSAGE to TRL: im not sure what your agreement is with USPS or why you cant ship with them when its over a certain dollar amount but I know that I would be willing to pay more for shipping to be able to always use USPS or even FedEx. 

P.S. thanks for the snowman on my box. = ]

UPS (in my area anyway) refuses to hire anyone full time. So they dont have to provide any insurance for their employees. People are hurting for money and job security and large companies that can afford it like UPS should be trying to help their employees more.

Sorry for the rant but have a lot of bottled up rage UPS

Sorry for the rant but have a lot of bottled up rage UPS

I understand the rant, I could wish that all orders went through USPS though.  TRL is my favorite place to buy rings, it just suck having to put up with UPS!  I never use them myself, as I have always found the US postal service Priority mail to be faster, more affordable, and more reliable that UPS has been the last few years.  Heck, most times they can't even be bothered to deliver their own packages!  About 3/4 of thing I order that are shipped UPS get handed off to the post office anyway, adding an extra day to the shipping time!

Drives me nuts!  It makes no sense, from where I am (I admit I don't know what the export rules from Canada are), but USPS will left you send up to like 50 lbs.in a Priority Mail box, and the insure it up to $500, so what is this $200 mailing limit about?  It makes no sense from where I sit.

There's my short rant, sorry folks.

Unfortunately, and especially during the holdiays, it can happen with any of the totally overloaded shippers. This December, I ordered a smaller package from TRL, it was shipped Priority USPS, and I couldn't figure out what happened. The tracking said the package was out for delivery, but I didn't get anything. Two days later, some cute, young good samaritan dropped my heavily damaged package at my front door. He had found it in the middle of the street about 4 blocks away. Totally glad for the help from him, and I understand that all of the shippers are busy at that time, but you think Mr. Mailman could at least have kept my package on his truck until he got it to my door!

Having said all of that, I much prefer USPS Priority over UPS....

Trina

We ship using UPS for parcels over $200 due to a customs clause for formal entry after that amount. Otherwise you would be billed brokerage for importing the goods.

We are in Toronto and the company that takes our USPS parcels to Buffalo daily cannot take formal entry goods with them as this is against their contract with border services that allows fast clearance of their vehicle. 

The issue that happened in the last weeks of December was weird and unique. We ship all parcels that are UPS ground once a week and we typically see clearance thru customs of about 1-2 days maximum. The delay in December was for 1 shipment and occurred because UPS staff and customs were behind and someone(s) didn't do their job in a timely manner. 

If your parcel is still having issues - and I'm not aware of any that are - please email directly as we will need to speak with our UPS reps. 

That is the only issue I've have with a UPS shipment from TRL but it was the third package that i had an issue with in a 2 month period.  I live in upstate NY and UPS shipped a package in November from Connecticut to California then to Pennsylvania and Ohio then it finally came to NY. Also my gripe with UPS is mostly that they treat their employees like crap. I just hate that large companies that have much larger gross income treat their employees worse than small companies like TRL or Agway when they can easily afford to give their employees certain luxuries like free food for when you're on break and optional health care for part time employees that work just enough not to qualify for free health care. I work part time at kohls to supplement my income and they always have waffles, bread and condiments in their break room for any employee who wants them as well as random other things like cookies and pizza occasionally. I've worked for many different large companies and its the little things like that, that make a difference. Its not as nice as working for small companies like TRL or Agway that have a family atmosphere but its something. 

When i contact TRL i don't feel like you all take it as a bother and I've even had John respond to some of my emailed questions and i'm more than sure that he has much better things to do running a company than respond to my questions or concerns but he still does because he cares about every customer getting the best and most accurate response not just any response.