Katekate

Scales with smaller/no holes

Have you thought about doing your regular scales with smaller holes, or even no holes? was thinking of sewing some to leather or fabric like you can with the shield scales, but I prefer the look of the 'leaf' shape scales

Have you thought about doing your regular scales with smaller holes, or even no holes? was thinking of sewing some to leather or fabric like you can with the shield scales, but I prefer the look of the 'leaf' shape scales

If you want "scales" with smaller holes, get the fishing lure components directly from Worth Co. http://lurecomponents.worthco.com/

TRLs scales are just fishing lures modified with a bigger hole; and Worth is the original manufacturer of these scales.

TRLs scales are just fishing lures modified with a bigger hole; and Worth is the original manufacturer of these scales.

They may have made them first, but TRL manufactures their own scales. They do not modify existing product.

Katekate, just so you know, you can sew the scales as they are. I've done it to make leather gloves with scales, using two stitches per scale for security, one to the left and one to the right of the top point.

http://i.imgur.com/H66nfzC.jpg

they had gold AA ones with a smaller as a special for a while,  and the holes in the double punched ones are size those were. if you look at the Grab bag picture on the specials page you can see some of them.  I think they did them as a custom order so I am sure they would do them again as a custom order .

If you want "scales" with smaller holes, get the fishing lure components directly from Worth Co. http://lurecomponents.worthco.com/

TRL actually have their own machines and are the makers of this particular shape and sizes of scale. you can get similar ones yes,  but they do not "modify" anyone elses...but lots of other scale suppliers do resell and anodize the scales they make.

We do make our own scales. In the dawn of the scales age we hired worth to modify their dies to make these. We have been making these scales for over 10 years and have 3 dedicated punches for this. 

We have made some with smaller holes as a custom product. When we do this they are listed in our scale specials on our scales page. We are currently sold out of them. We can custom make them for you but they have a longer leadtime and the batch has to be be large to justify a custom punch set up.