Tedronai

20mm SS Bar Only

Ordered some materials a few days ago, including several JCTOG-BAR-SS. (bar half of a 'toggle clasp')

Inspected my haul today to discover that the connection ring on JCTOG-BAR-SS is only butted, not solid (like the other similar products I received seem to be) or even welded.

This may function for my purposes (I'm not certain at this point) and might even be preferable for some others' purposes, but was not readily apparent from the product listing and could impact usability in some applications.

Suggest adding a line to the 'notes' on this product.

(on a side note, I have no idea why my text is showing up white-on-black...)

Edited by Tedronai

actually the picture does not show a connecting ring and the listing doesn't mention one either. I would have been surprised to have gotten them with ones based on those things. It tells you what size ring they recommend but does say it comes with any.

I'm pretty sure the ring being described is the 20g(?) "attaching ring" that is fused to the bar. I must say this surprised me too when I got my bars, and sets. It seems to be the norm with the stainless toggles with attaching rings fused in that manner. It could be justified as a safe breakaway point, but I do agree a note would have been nice.

Edited by PArmbrust

I'm sorry we have no control over the orientation of the connector ring on any toggles. The rings appear in any orientations including 100% fused closed. We don't make these toggles or bars. 

If you look at the larger image of the products you can see a random sampling of what the clasps look like.