Kolormr

Price on scale armor

There's Actually One place i found online that sells large scaled armor, at http://www.dragonmaille.com and it runs for around 1800, which would be a fairly nice profit i assume:)

I'm sure I'm being a bit of a stickler here... But have they asked TRL for permission to use their photos? Cuz a lot of the pictures on that site are examples of the colours of the rings, which are the exact pictures that TRL has...

-Kryston

I was wondering that too, most of the pictures wouldn't even load on my computer and i couldn't actually see anything except the ring and scale pictures. there is in small print near the bottom that the pictures of the rings came from the Ring Lord, but it didn't really say he had permission.

Dragonmaille's $1800 price on the scale vest is pretty close to what I'd charge. Awhile back I toyed with the idea of offering scale armour, and figured up a price of $1/scale (large ones) This price includes something like $12/hr labor, materials, and a decent chunk of profit, since I like food, a roof over my head, and transportation. I had thought about adding another $1/edge scale since I had been adding extra rings on the edge scales (basically you fill out the Euro 4-in-1 pattern) to stabilize the edges. At 300 scales / sq ft, a 6 sq ft vest takes 1800 scales.

I used to get requests for armor to be made.

My way of weeding out flakes was to ask for a deposit that would be held in an Escrow account till the end of the project. The amount would depend on the project.

shirt size: S to M would be $1,000, ML to XL $2,000 2XL-5XL would be $5,000. This was to ensure that if I started on it, and they dropped the request for some reason, I would not have a new expensive table weight and lost many of my hours making it.

If the shirt ended up costing less than the deposit, the difference would be returned, if it was over, the overage would be billed.

Out of the many dozens of requests to make a shirt, I only made 6 with this model, and I am actually glad it was only that small, since the rest would have most likely have been flakes. :beer: