twilightbanana

Zaphod

A colleague asked me to re-create the handflower Zaphod Beeblebrox wears in the latest Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy movie. So I did.

http://twilightbanana.deviantart.com/art/Zaphod-handflower-75756342

Stats: Bright aluminum, 1,6x6,7 mm (16 ga. 1/4" ID) rings. Black leather bracer closed with snap buttons. The finger-ring is just a bit of wire right now, but this will be replaced with a proper ring as soon as I can get my hands on one.

That looks pretty neat. I know who made the one in the film and they weren't too happy with it cause it flops around a lot. Is your more stable? (looks like it probably is). They made it as a rush job and kinda hate it now. Also the one in the film is gold coloured which I suppose suited Zaphod but I prefer it in silver coloured metal.

So I'm not the only one that did that after the movie then. I did one out of stainless, pretty small rings. Got lots of comments on it, and I think I ended up selling it off my hand at a show...

So I'm not the only one that did that after the movie then. I did one out of stainless, pretty small rings. Got lots of comments on it, and I think I ended up selling it off my hand at a show...

Vidar, if I read Legba's post correctly, she knows the person that made the one FOR the film.. Looks like you are still the only one that made it after the film :)

LL

That looks pretty neat. I know who made the one in the film and they weren't too happy with it cause it flops around a lot. Is your more stable? (looks like it probably is). They made it as a rush job and kinda hate it now. Also the one in the film is gold coloured which I suppose suited Zaphod but I prefer it in silver coloured metal.

Actually, I tried to make it as floppy on purpose, so it would match the one from the movie. The angle I'm holding my hand in in the pictures keeps it laying flatter. It will be less floppy If I shorten the chain going across the palm a bit though.

Vidar, if I read Legba's post correctly, she knows the person that made the one FOR the film.. Looks like you are still the only one that made it after the film :)

LL

Yep I did mean that I know (kind of) the guy who made the one in the film but I think Vidar was referring to twilightbanana making one after the film! ;)

I'm pretty sure this is the remake of The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy that came out a few years ago. Infact, here is the link at Imdb for it:http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0371724/

Correct me if I'm wrong about that though. Would love to see them come out with another and actually finish the series.

Either way, nice work, although I think it would be better with less floppy, but thats just me.