Starstorm

What is the name of this sci-fi movie?

I cannot find this movie or title and I've been searching for years. No one seems to know either. Basically the plot was a woman who had an electronic collar around her neck who was running from the aliens, a man finds her and they are hiding in caves in a grand canyon like area. Every night he works on trying to remove the collar with wire. The ufo's track her by her collar and finally he gets if off of her and throws it into the canyon. This is all I can remember of the movie. Any idea what the name of this movie was? I think it was in the 1970's or 1980's I watched it on tv. Thanks!

Can you remember anything else about it, like stars or at least descriptions of the stars? I've seen a lot of craptacular '70s and '80s SciFi and the collar thing was used a lot. Also genre would help. Was it comedy, drama, horror, or something else?

I think it starred James Franciscus but I looked at all his movies and didn't see it. It was a drama. It might have even been a made for tv movie. The woman was barely dressed in like animal skins bikini. i'm thinking 1960's era 

Now I'm thinking of some made for TV movies with storylines involving scientists who went into cryogenic sleep, then awoke in dystopian futures. These were made in the '70s, not '60s. The two which are the most memorable to me are "Genesis II" starring Alex Cord, and "Planet Earth" starring John Saxon.

Genesis II
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0064366/

Planet Earth
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0072000/?ref_=tt_rec_tti

Trivia: Both leads played a character names "Dylan Hunt"; the same name as Kevin Sorbo's character in the TV series "Andromeda"