LadyKnight

Ring Organizing

Greetings,

Ok, I started storage with prescription bottles, then added some jewelry and bead storage containers, but have recently made a rather large order, and trying to keep everything organized in separate containers was giving me a headache, plus my husband wasn't happy about the "lack of containment" surrounding all the bottles and boxes.  So, I purchased a few of those 64-drawer small parts storage cabinets, cleaned up my area of the basement and my workbench, and am ready for my order to arrive!  Only problem....I'm not sure how to organize them.  Do I go by gauge, material, then size?  gauge, size, material?  Size, gauge, material???   How do YOU organize your rings???

Thanks in advance!!

Thanks for the insight!

TitaniumMithral, I have seen those and wondered how they held up, thanks. I think I get one for when I'm traveling :rolleyes:

Edited by LadyKnight

just fyi, the individual sections are not sealed (they have removable dividers, like most tackle boxes) so if you're doing micro-mail, a few links may slip between sections, but i haven't found this to be too obnoxious with 20 ga and thicker.  of course, if you don't care about them being adjustable, you can always hot glue or epoxy them in place.

And there's the fellow who keeps his wire (material & diameter are his main sorting things) strictly on the reel or spool until he needs rings, and then spins these up with a power drill I guess.  I'd use a hands-free wire feed for this -- see the Gallery section of the M.A.I.L. site for illustration of one easy-build no-hands feeder.