Mitchal

SELLING Stainless Steel Chainmail Dice Bags

I am selling these stainless steel chainmail dice bags in the image below.

I had a bunch of excess rings left over from theringlord's Combat Grade - Stainless Steel 14g 3/8'' Shirt Kit and decided to make a bunch of these to try and sell. The cord is braided leather with bronze crimps on the ends to keep the braid from unraveling. The cord stopper looks like tarnished bronze, but it definitely doesn't conduct heat fast enough to be bronze all the way through. I went with those to get a medieval look. The other bags available tend to be paracord or shoelace with a plastic cord lock, which ruined the coolness of having a chainmail dice bag in my opinion.

They are available on etsy, but I'm looking to get rid of a lot of them. I'd rather sell in bulk at a discount and then someone sells them at a LARP Faire or whatever. I'd be happy to take returns if they don't all sell. Probably via etsy if you want some consumer protection or whatever if you feel like trusting me. Just reply to this thread and we can exchange contact information.

If you bought in bulk, I'd sell each bag for $35, which you can sell for at least $40 if the prices on etsy are at all competitive for similar chainmail bags.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/652087045/stainless-steel-chainmail-dice-bag

P1280382_small.JPG

Yeah. I know, but beggars can't be choosers. Oh well. : /

You're right. Buying in bulk would only be practical for someone who thinks they can sell them fairly quickly with a $10 markup or so because of the small time investment on their part.

What I really think is going to happen is I'll end up giving them as bday/xmas/whatever gifts to anyone who wants them. So thinking positively, they'll probably all be gone in 10 years or so! LOL

Thanks Rob! That's a really good idea. I'll try it out.

Post Script

Can you recommend a good forum? Despite making the DnD dice bags, I've had no experience with DnD or RPGs in general. The few that I looked at were vast to say the least. They appeared to sell mostly digital items.

Edited by Mitchal
Added request for appropriate forum

There are dozens of good ones (RPG.net, ENWorld, Giants in the Playground...) but you might want to start more locally. If you're on Facebook do a search for nerd related content and see about joining those pages. My tactic would be to monitor and comment occasionally, when I had something appropriate to say, put my work up as my profile pic, and then wait and see if someone comments. It's worked for me ;)

Thanks Rob! I am pursuing some of the forums, and I also reached out to a local DnD and board games club on facebook. The local club seems interested. Things are looking up.

Cheers,

Mitchal