Crystal Paladin

Need help making an anklet

I'm trying to mak an anklet for my better half. The first time I made one of got so stressed that it popped one of the smaller rings.  Luckily in our driveway. And the other problem she informed me of was the scales were poking the top of her foot.  Could use some ideas on how to solve that problem in particular.

What weave and ring size? 

I like EPDM mixed with another metal. 

There are a number of weaves that work Helm, Japanese, E4in1, half Persian, stepping stones, GsG and others all work well when joined to itself. 

It has a little stretch so it’s less likely to stain the rings. 

if you want specific help, you'll need to post pictures - preferably on and off her ankle; and include material, ring gauge and ID (inner diameter), etc.  if you're just looking for general advice, to make a piece stronger, use lower gauge (thicker), smaller ID, and/or stronger material (aluminum < steel < titanium) links; or you can rivet, solder, or weld them.  if things are uncomfortable, you may need to add expansions or contractions to fit the contours of the wearer, or simply reorient things so the pokey parts aren't in sensitive areas.

Edited by TitaniumMithril

I was thinking of expanding it a little so the large scales sit on top of her foot instead of on her ankle as for pictures I had to take it apart cause some of the scales got crushed in the driveway so was wondering if anyone had advice on how to make it better this time was thinking of making a sleeve with leather and elastic to shield her foot as well but I might just loosen it a little and see how that works 

you could try using blanks instead of scales so that it doesn't poke the top of her foot. or if you like the scale look, use small scales.

On 11/5/2018 at 10:24 PM, TitaniumMithril said:

if you want specific help, you'll need to post pictures - preferably on and off her ankle; and include material, ring gauge and ID (inner diameter), etc.  if you're just looking for general advice, to make a piece stronger, use lower gauge (thicker), smaller ID, and/or stronger material (aluminum < steel < titanium) links; or you can rivet, solder, or weld them.  if things are uncomfortable, you may need to add expansions or contractions to fit the contours of the wearer, or simply reorient things so the pokey parts aren't in sensitive areas.

Oh, looks pretty helpful. Never knew making anklets needed this much information. I feel like trying one for myself. If i am successful I will post pictures of it on this thread