Sign in to follow this  
aglaranna83

Help with Persian 6 in 1 Star

I ordered the kit for the Persian 6 in 1 Star & I am struggling with the instructions. Specifically Steps 3 & 4 - I can't get past here, because I can't seem to connect the second ring properly. I feel like a video would be extremely helpful here so I could actually SEE what is going on. The rings seem to be too tight to do what is being asked. Can anyone help me??

6 hours ago, aglaranna83 said:

I ordered the kit for the Persian 6 in 1 Star & I am struggling with the instructions. Specifically Steps 3 & 4 - I can't get past here, because I can't seem to connect the second ring properly. I feel like a video would be extremely helpful here so I could actually SEE what is going on. The rings seem to be too tight to do what is being asked. Can anyone help me??

Here's some help from Quinn in Customer Service:

I'm sorry to hear that you are having troubles. This is a tricky part though. 

I tend to wiggle the rings past one another to get them into the proper order.  Once I have them in the correct placement, inside rings and outside rings, I try to push the 4 red rings together to shorten the weave. This makes the eye, that I'm trying to pass the green ring through, larger.  I then try to hold the weave together with my left hand as I use the right to pass the green ring through.  

Sometimes the last red ring will slip out of my grip so, I just maneuver it on after I've hooked the other 3 rings. 

Another customer found it helpful to pass a thin wire through the eye to help keep the red rings aligned as he added the green ring. 

I hope this helps!