Minera

New User Thread

New user here posting so i won't get deleted right after signing up. Kind of a shy lurker. Love reading the posts and looking at the new designs. This site is a great inspiration.

Hi, Im new to makeing chainmail and can't seam to stop or think of anything to make. I just keep trying diffrent weaves with my 14g 3/8di. gallvy rings I made. I started making sheets of E-4n1 for a shirt( I think, once agin having a hard time commiting to any one thing LOL).All of you

guys make some killer stuff, it all looks great, and of course makes me want to make it too... babby steps.

But i wanted to see if the ring size is a good choice or if I should switch weaves or ring sizes??

Following the suggestion, posting here...It actually took me a while to find anything online but 4-1 tutorials, then I found TRL, then MAIL...started with colored copper/brass [At least, what it claims to be. It's cheap craft wire...] winding around knitting needles, 20g at something like 8mm ID...pliers hardly needed.

On another note, the small punch-discs from TRL that're unreasonably cheap fit well as the captives in CIR of 20g 4.25mm ID...

I'm new, posting here.

I don't make my own chain mail but I do use it on occasion in my jewelry creations. I use a lot of wire though, and like to learn as much as I can about the materials I'm using...and techniques!

I'm so new i have no clue, but i'm here to learn i was at an amtgard event last year where my son was knighted and fell in love with chain maille now i'm just trying to figure it out i'm a learn by watching person so i'm looking for any type of insrtuctional videos or hands on help anyone with any ideas

Newbe here, I have been messing around with things for a few years now and made enough to keep my hobbie alive. Wish I could post some pics of some work but either did not get a pic or could not find a model. I am here to get a little more info and see if there is any help to be had with a few problem areas I have been haveing.

Hi everyone. I'd spent the past few years feeling like I didn't have any creative outlet, then a few weeks ago I started experimenting with E4-1

using some rings I found lying around the house. I've been lurking around here and browsing Phong's site and learning all I can. Thanks for all the information and insight, and I'm looking forward to more mailling!

I've been ordering from TRL for a few years now. Figured it was time i stoped by and said hi. I also lurk over at the M.A.I.L site.

so anyway hi, how you doing?:D

Newbe here, I have been messing around with things for a few years now and made enough to keep my hobbie alive. Wish I could post some pics of some work but either did not get a pic or could not find a model. I am here to get a little more info and see if there is any help to be had with a few problem areas I have been haveing.

There are a vast number of people here that can help you with just about any problem you might have. There probably aren't many problems you might encounter that somebody here hasn't had before, so feel free to ask.

Hi all.

Tried to join here a couple of years ago,but somehow screwed up the whole sign up thing and it never did work right after that,so today I thought I would try again,and voila...it worked,geez,maybe ya do get smarter as you get older.Have been making jewelry for about 4 years,but mailling for only three and love it.Hope to make some maille buddies here,and possibly share some ideas back and forth.Thanks for letting me become a part of your "community"

Earleen;)